Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi, I seem to be having trouble connecting to freq. 125.000 when I fly with
Vatsim. It just comes up and says it's private and displays the word ATIS.
Almost as if the freq doesn't exist.
Could this have anything to do with sector files? I think that's what
they're called.
I'd ask in the forums on their site, but I've stuffed up my email and
passwords, and am now locked out.
Cheers,
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What are you attempting to tune? Are you using SquawkBox to connect to
Vatsim or some other software? I suggest you download Squawkbox. It is free
and extremely simple to install and operate. Unicom frequency is 122.8 and
the tower, ground, center, approach frequencies for the area in which you
are flying are displayed on the right side window of the Squawk box window.
This link will take you to the SB website.

http://squawkbox.ca
Click on the big airplane and radar screen then click on "download"

"Chris" <me@there.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi, I seem to be having trouble connecting to freq. 125.000 when I fly
> with Vatsim. It just comes up and says it's private and displays the word
> ATIS. Almost as if the freq doesn't exist.
> Could this have anything to do with sector files? I think that's what
> they're called.
> I'd ask in the forums on their site, but I've stuffed up my email and
> passwords, and am now locked out.
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> --
> I'm not always right,
> But I'm never wrong!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My difficulty is that I currently run Window ME, and Squawkbox 3 doesn't
work with Windows ME. I've had to use SBRelay and SB2, with Roger Wilco.
I hope to be getting a new computer within about a month (see posts re new
system), so hopefully it will solve itself when I get XP on that.
I had an embarrassing situation the other night. I was handed over to
Melbourne Centre on 125.000. I switched frequencies, and it came up
something like this:
[PRIVATE] ATIS.

I transmitted callsign and flight level and low and behold, the previous
controller answered me saying I was still on his frequency. Tried it 4
times, and eventually the 125.000 controller had to communicate via text
with me on the first frequency!
Hope it works better with SB3 on XP.
Cheers,
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!

Chris wrote:
> My difficulty is that I currently run Window ME, and Squawkbox 3 doesn't
> work with Windows ME. I've had to use SBRelay and SB2, with Roger Wilco.
> I hope to be getting a new computer within about a month (see posts re new
> system), so hopefully it will solve itself when I get XP on that.
> I had an embarrassing situation the other night. I was handed over to
> Melbourne Centre on 125.000. I switched frequencies, and it came up
> something like this:
> [PRIVATE] ATIS.
>
> I transmitted callsign and flight level and low and behold, the previous
> controller answered me saying I was still on his frequency. Tried it 4
> times, and eventually the 125.000 controller had to communicate via text
> with me on the first frequency!
> Hope it works better with SB3 on XP.
> Cheers,
> Chris

Chris,

If you cannot use Squawkbox 3, have you tried FSInn at
http://www.mcdu.com/ this is a really easy software to use.

Check out the website and see for yourself.

Phrgflyer

> Hope it works better with SB3 on XP.

It will! SB3 is a dream.

Si