What's the best drivers for a X1900 XTX ?

nsboston103

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2005
When play'n fear it's choppy at some points. Bad choppy. Very disapointing I'm thinking of try'n older drivers but thats a pain. I have the latest set now. Oh, 3.2 cpu, 2 gigs ram, x-fi pro. This card is suspossed to be a little overkill if you only have a lcd screen that maxes at 1280 x 1024, witch I have. It's suspposed to gobble up this game. What's the problem? Seems like a driver issue? maybe? Any thoughts?

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
download the new drivers from the ati website, make sure you get it for your os too, if you have windows in 32 bit mode download the 32 bit driver version for 64 download the 64 bit version, the newest one out right now is catalyst 6.5 thats what my friend jsut downloaded for his x1900xt, you might have to restart you computer a coulpe of times after you install it, thats what we had to do, like 2 or 3 restarts to get it to work properly, just test and see. here is the link to the website, just pick the version and download it and install it, download all three of the things not just one. o and choose the top choice "Radeon" thats the drivers you need.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

nsboston103

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks, but I have done all that. I did mention I have latest drivers, sometimes the newest are not the best fit
. With this card you should be able to turn all the eyecandy on and gobble up F.E.A.R

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
did u uninstall old drivers before installing new ones :?: If so just try uninstalling everything and try a reinstall!
I also have an X1900XTX and can play BF2 with all settings on max,incl AA.with no probs at all..

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
Yes, even used catalyst uninstaller. Could you list, or take a snapshot showing your settings in ccc.

all are at default settings when the driver was installed.

*baracuda73
How big a PSU do you have if you are running outta power it can chop and show artifacts*

this is a good poss...I for instance run a 550W antec truepower 2.0

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Make sure you are not using softshadows with antialiasing enabled. Softshadows with antialiasing will make even the fastest cards run slow. Also take note that using Softshadows and antialiasing at the same time can ruin the edges of shadows when under certain lighting conditions in the game.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
ive played fear with everything enabled and in 1280x900, and yes if the game can bring your grafic card to the ground, especially if ur useing softshadows, i got around 30 - 40 FPS in that resolution and it very tight situatuions it can dro p very low.

Hint run the game without softshadows, i dont think youll notice it anyway.