SLI For Ultra-D (is there any other way?)

soberpyro

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I didn't receive an SLI bridge for my Ultra-D. To run dual 7800GT's do i need this bridge?

I've placed the jumpers for the ultra-D board in the SLI mode (8x). I have the newest drivers from Nvidia and when i look in my settings it still does not say anything about SLI. In fact, it says I have a BFG 7800GT installed and running at 8x.

I have changed my Bios to have SLI enabled.

Am i missing something? Or can I not run the 7800's without the bridge at all in SLI mode.

Please, any feedback would be appreciated.

-soberpyro

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
You can run SLI without the bridge, but performance will not be as good. I suggest trying to find a bridge on the internet, and making sure SLI is enabled in the Nvidia drivers.

soberpyro

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
Well, I have looked in the Nvidia Drivers and there is nothing within the drivers that says Enable SLI.

It is nVidia Drivers Forceware Version 84.21

The menu is as follows:

nView Display Settings
Performance & Quality Settings
Color Correction
Video Overlay Settings
Full Screen Video
Tools
NVRotate
Temperature Settings
Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates

Then some desktop management crap and Menu Editing

Nothing within these menus with anything about SLI.

Any ideas?

-soberpyro

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I didn't receive an SLI bridge for my Ultra-D. To run dual 7800GT's do i need this bridge?

AFAIK, dun really need to, n yes, performance dropped a bit...bougt da board online or @ some stores?didn't u just ask for one if u bought off da shelf?if u r tryin 2 find it frm da net, either u can dind da one specifically 4 ur board, or u can find soft connector (kinda like connector for each card n some sorta cable, not a hard ,small board).sorry if u dun understand my english...

soberpyro

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
you know, I heard about that aswell. I've been searchin the net trying to find it and I have just no luck in doing so.

Do you know where i can find a guide to this mod?

-soberpyro