Somebody want to look at this setup for me?

SomeNewGuy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
Hey guys,

So, this is my first go at water cooling, and I'm looking for some input on this setup before I start buying parts and pissing the old lady off. I'm going to go for 4.0 on the 805 D, so as I understand it, a pretty robust system is in order. When I first started looking into water I was looking at the Titan TWC-A04, but all of the reviews I see on it list it as a moderate performer, at best. This is what I'm looking at now:

- WaterChill Antarctica CPU Block
- Black Ice Pro III Radiator
- Scythe 120mm Fans (x3)
- Hydor L30
- WaterChill Reservoir

I could really care less about noise, I'm half deaf from working around jet engines anyway. I'm kind of concerned about pairing the Hydor pump with the Antartica block. Does anyone have any advice on this setup?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey guys,

So, this is my first go at water cooling, and I'm looking for some input on this setup before I start buying parts and pissing the old lady off. I'm going to go for 4.0 on the 805 D, so as I understand it, a pretty robust system is in order. When I first started looking into water I was looking at the Titan TWC-A04, but all of the reviews I see on it list it as a moderate performer, at best. This is what I'm looking at now:

- WaterChill Antarctica CPU Block
- Black Ice Pro III Radiator
- Scythe 120mm Fans (x3)
- Hydor L30
- WaterChill Reservoir

I could really care less about noise, I'm half deaf from working around jet engines anyway. I'm kind of concerned about pairing the Hydor pump with the Antartica block. Does anyone have any advice on this setup?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

That looks like a nice, compatable setup. The Antarctica is a fairly restrictive waterblock, and thus works best with 300G.P.H pumps, or more. The Hydor is rated at 320, so they should work well together.

GL :)

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
For what you spend on an 805 plus the water cool system and extra fans you could have bought a real cpu. One that wont burn up in a month.

SomeNewGuy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
For what you spend on an 805 plus the water cool system and extra fans you could have bought a real cpu. One that wont burn up in a month.

Great. Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted. That would have totally met my goal of wanting to try out water cooling huh? I suppose I should run right out and buy a Sempron huh?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Great. Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted. That would have totally met my goal of wanting to try out water cooling huh? I suppose I should run right out and buy a Sempron huh?Doesn't seem like anybody
wants to give you the advice you seek. Alot of people in here just type
what they feel makes them look smart, or cool, and don't take the REAL
question to heart. Sorry this is the case. :?

SomeNewGuy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
So your going to spend all this money to "Try" watercooling and pray you dont burn it up huh?

Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I am going to "spend all this money" to "try" watercooling. I'm not going to pray about anything. If it burns up - it burns up. I'll move on from there. You have absolutely no clue about my application for this machine, you just wanted to pipe up and offer your unsolicited, two bit opinion about the 805. Find someone else to spout your drivel to, I'm not interested in listening to your ignorance anymore.

SomeNewGuy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116238

This would OC way higher and cooler than your 805D and it only costs ~$80 more, and considering that water cooling is $100's more, maybe OC'ing that on air might be more cost-effective.

Psyco- thanks for your input, it was helpful. I'm not really worried about cost effective or even the actual end result in OC. For now I just want to get my feet "wet" so to speak, to learn a little more about alternitive cooling methods.