KN8 Ultra and ECC ram?

Tostino

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I have a X2 3800+ on a KN8 Ultra runing as a server, and it started to reboot it self randomly about a month ago, and has got alot worse recently (I have it set to auto reboot on BSOD) and I think it is from a faulty ram stick. What I have in now is 4x Corsair VS1GB400C3 (1 gb DDR 400 sticks).

And I am really hoping to get the server alot more stable so I was thinking of just buying 4 new ECC/Registered 1GB sticks. But I was wondering if it would even work with the motherboard. It says on the site that it doesn't work, but I have read on here a couple times that people said they got ECC ram working on this mobo.

What I was wondering is if anyone has gotten it working with 1GB sticks of ECC/Registered ram, and if so could you link me to where you got it?

Thanks in advance!

Tostino

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
So.. has anyone tryed it? I really want to get this info before I go and spend 500$ on ram, and have it shiped to the colo place, just to find out that it won't work.

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
check your mobo to see if you can use it. if not then i wouldn't think its such a good idea to spend all your money on it and not work. only server motherboards like opterons or whatever can use em. check mobo first!