stop with the darn "what is AMD's Plans?"

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Gosh Darnit people. LISTEN, AMD DOES HAVE PLANS, but its only K10 Arch in the future and K8L isnt all that exciting have much to it. FOR GOODNESS SAKES. If you dont like my answere then consult in the main thread about conroe and AMD in this section of the forum (cant post link, forum being gay!)

Im sorry but im really getting sick of these losers who cant even read titles to threads so decided to create their own asking the same darn question that was repeated like 100 bloody times. STOP IT, if this is humanities finiest, then I give up with humanity!

AMD ISNT A BIG COMPANY LIKE INTEL. THEY CANT JUST PULL A CORE outa their arses in the next 6 months. A processor core will not just magicaly appear to compete against conroe. FACE IT, if you are smart, then you would notice in every couple of years, 1 company will have the edge in their processor over the others, then vice versa. ITS A STUPID GAME OF LEAP FROG.

[/rant]

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Oh also forgot to add in: The STUPID 4x4 thing. Sounds like a bloody truck!! anyway, yeah it only works with FX processors and you would have to be pretty stupid in order to buy these extreme processors! They are for people who have more money then brains.

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
hah, i cant even tell if you agree or youre mocking me. Anywho, yes its pathetic to watch people try to grab at watever straw as they drown in AMD's pool. Face it, K8L really has nothing to it thats special. All you guys are doing is speculating out of sheer stupidity out of youre arses. Please WAIT till they come out to make any past judgement before saying 1 is gayer over the other. I bet most of you will be stunned of what may come out "THIS JUST IN, VIA is making a gaming processor!" you know that can happen (very unlikly though)! but we cant just speculate, you sound worst then that Sony dude who stated PS3 will replace computers, same thing was said about PS2! Anyway, yeah, you guys have been doing nothing but bicker of stupidity.

Didnt we havet he same fights about "Intel Northwood is gonna be slower then XP?" when a lot of times it was faster then XP?

[/tries to end rant to bring the light back into their heads as they pull it outa there arses]

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
People with Intel done it for the last 2 years when Amd was in the lead. Let the amd Fanboys get there share. Besides it funny to watch.

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
sweet, i get a trophy? dope!

I was on the forums off and on. BUT im not just blaming AMD fanboys, but Intel too for their claims of K8L not being great and this stuff. On personal Level I do not see anything that will make it outperforme Conroe, but I have to wait and see, I just wish others shared the same thought!

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Hmm, i dont know what i really know about K8l, but listening to people, it sounds kinda dumb. Reduced L1 cache and L2 to create a L3, used by Xenon processors in the past and failed. This same idea with AMD, I dont know, umm kinda dumb? Moving to 65 and 45nm tech? hmm isnt Intel doing the same approach! Oh and finaly doubleing FPU.... Useless, since both have SIMD wich has a lot to it in FPU, adding more is not going to raise the performance by a lot. Since I dont really know of something that implicates the ALU, then I would suggest doubling that like conroe is doing. Other then that, its just a way to grab and use whats left of the K8 architecture. I dont see it being a HUGE performance increase, maybe enought to be getting close, but not on par with Conroe clock for clock baisis. Then their is kentfield!

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
The Flinstone Vitamins!

Besides youre one liner comments, please give a reason why im wrong. Im not saying im not wrong, its just outa speculation that a lot of you guys seem to do on a daily baisis.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Stay off them.

Reduced L1 and L2 cache? Where'd you get that from?

Oh and finaly doubleing FPU.... Useless, since both have SIMD wich has a lot to it in FPU, adding more is not going to raise the performance by a lot. Since I dont really know of something that implicates the ALU, then I would suggest doubling that like conroe is doing. Other then that, its just a way to grab and use whats left of the K8 architecture.

I have no idea what this means.

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
some of you guys are pretty fast typers :wink:

Anyway. I dont think that K8L will match Conroe clock for clock wise. Look at Intel Yonah, that processor is a beast clock for clock wise, and it doesnt have the mem controll many of you guys praise over, and it still seems to beat AMD clock for clock wise in games and such. Also, a lot to a processor is based on the chipset of hte system. It would be unfair to bench 2 AMD processors when one is using a VIA chipset (wich we all know is an underperformer) against an NForce 4. Also you got to take into consideration a chipset that isnt technicaly ment the use of hte processor. Like the Yonah with the 945 chipset. But when used on a chipset that was designed and built for the Yonah, bam we see its true performance!

Same thing as with this. ITs also all in the chipset. Since AMD has a good back up of the Nforce, we will notice good performance in it. But the architecture itself just isnt really all that it sounds to live up to. I think the K10 will be the real worth transition from Intel to AMD, but by then, who knows what Intel will have. (it will obviously pass kentsfield)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
AMD ISNT A BIG COMPANY LIKE INTEL. THEY CANT JUST PULL A CORE outa their arses in the next 6 months.

I hate to bash my own CPU, but Intel "pulled Prescott outta there arses".

Why do you think they are so sh*tty? :D hehehe

PS. Starting this thread only adds fuel to the fire. Now you got everyone

going again. It's nice to voice your opinion, but sometimes it's just

better to sit back and watch. Nothing you say will stop the flaming, i

doubt it will even cool down once Conroe IS released.

Mind_Rebuilding

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2004
AMD ISNT A BIG COMPANY LIKE INTEL. THEY CANT JUST PULL A CORE outa their arses in the next 6 months. A processor core will not just magicaly appear to compete against conroe. FACE IT, if you are smart, then you would notice in every couple of years, 1 company will have the edge in their processor over the others, then vice versa. ITS A STUPID GAME OF LEAP FROG.[/rant]

Same for both AMD fans and Intel fans.

pat

Expert
Gosh Darnit people. LISTEN, AMD DOES HAVE PLANS, but its only K10 Arch in the future and K8L isnt all that exciting have much to it. FOR GOODNESS SAKES. If you dont like my answere then consult in the main thread about conroe and AMD in this section of the forum (cant post link, forum being gay!)

Im sorry but im really getting sick of these losers who cant even read titles to threads so decided to create their own asking the same darn question that was repeated like 100 bloody times. STOP IT, if this is humanities finiest, then I give up with humanity!

AMD ISNT A BIG COMPANY LIKE INTEL. THEY CANT JUST PULL A CORE outa their arses in the next 6 months. A processor core will not just magicaly appear to compete against conroe. FACE IT, if you are smart, then you would notice in every couple of years, 1 company will have the edge in their processor over the others, then vice versa. ITS A STUPID GAME OF LEAP FROG.

[/rant]

Ok.. but then, what's the plan?

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
hah, i cant even tell if you agree or youre mocking me. Anywho, yes its pathetic to watch people try to grab at watever straw as they drown in AMD's pool. Face it, K8L really has nothing to it thats special. All you guys are doing is speculating out of sheer stupidity out of youre arses. Please WAIT till they come out to make any past judgement before saying 1 is gayer over the other. I bet most of you will be stunned of what may come out "THIS JUST IN, VIA is making a gaming processor!" you know that can happen (very unlikly though)! but we cant just speculate, you sound worst then that Sony dude who stated PS3 will replace computers, same thing was said about PS2! Anyway, yeah, you guys have been doing nothing but bicker of stupidity.

Didnt we havet he same fights about "Intel Northwood is gonna be slower then XP?" when a lot of times it was faster then XP?

[/tries to end rant to bring the light back into their heads as they pull it outa there arses]

Are you trying to call attention? :roll:

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Are you trying to call attention? :roll:

Are we jealous?

[/rant]

WAAAHHHH! THERE'S TOO MANY THREADS ABOUT THIS AND THAT AND I DON'T LIKE IT SO I CREATED THIS BULL$HIT THREAD!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!

Have a bottle, taka nap, then come back to the forums and participate like a big boy.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I think this is sooo funny :) I can hardly wait for Conroe Its going to be my next machine woot !!! Anyway im sure K8L will do well too as long as AMD can compete on prices (god I used to say that about Intel it seems not so long ago....) Well its turning out to be an exciting year.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Just wondering what you are trying to accomplish with this thread? Because you telling people to stop won't do a thing. This is an open forum you know, and as long as you follow the rules you are free to make threads.