Direct Canada : Is it good and reliable?

Lachdan

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Here's the situation : I live in Canada, so I can't use the famous Newegg store. I've read a lot of positive comments about Tigerdirect, but their prices seem high.

I compared the prices with another canadian store, Direct Canada, and their prices are really better. But the fact is that I never heard about this store, so is it reliable?

So if someone had a good/bad experience with this store, or have any info that could help me, it would be nice of you to share your experience!

Thanks in advance.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I've never heard of it and can't seem to find it through google? That's kind of a flag for me... but give us a link and I'll take a look :)

*edit

hey look! directcanada.com works :p

heheh

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I dunno dude, they look brand spankin new, according to their contact info, their address is either the residence of a brewery or they do have a decent sized warehouse.

Their terms of service is Version 1.01 updated on Sept 2006...

Also, this is thier customer service support forum..

Who knows, they could be trying to be Canada's NewEgg! They might be super awesome, they are registered through the bbb and have a gst number.

I'd personally wait for more reviews on service and quality and such, but it's your call.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I know your post is old, but ive tried Direct Canada and yes they are amazing, Extreme fast shipping ( Express shiping for 8.99 ) Low price, i was used to order from Tiger Direct but after i discover that place, never buying at tigerdirect again. Some people say that they are in business with NCIX, i know this is make no sence since the price are different but listen to this: i ordered something from NCIX and i saw the name of the guy who shipped my package, and i ordered from Direct canada and it was the same name.

noblejames

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I have 2 other good firms for customers in Canada:
Canada computers.com
Extreme pc.ca

I have dealt with both of them... no concerns. I do not know if they ship outside of Canada.

Cheers.

Remember to stick it to the man when upgrading by only upgrading what you need.