HP DeskJet 340 Help needed

I'm trying to get a DeskJet 340 portable printer to work in Mac OS X
using a Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter. The printer is using the Macintosh
cable as described on the HP site
<http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=b
pm06005>.

This document seems to agree with the User's Guide as to the port
capabilities. The User's Guide shows the interface as:
I/O Interface
Centronics port with parallel, serial and serial infrared capability
IrDA-compliant (serial enabled when used with Mac
Adapter cable;Š

The printer is not working when using the standard DeskJet serial
settings of baud=57600, parity=none, bits=8, flow control=RTS/CTS. It
also does not work with the baud rate of 19200 which is the other
standard suggestion for Linux on PPC computers.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

--
Matt Broughton
Only relatives are absolute.

    In article <walterwego-DD7A21.20061415032005@corp.supernews.com>,
    Matt Broughton <walterwego@macosx.com.invalid> wrote:

    > I'm trying to get a DeskJet 340 portable printer to work in Mac OS X
    > using a Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter. The printer is using the Macintosh
    > cable as described on the HP site
    > <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=b
    > pm06005>.
    >
    > This document seems to agree with the User's Guide as to the port
    > capabilities. The User's Guide shows the interface as:
    > I/O Interface
    > Centronics port with parallel, serial and serial infrared capability
    > IrDA-compliant (serial enabled when used with Mac
    > Adapter cable;Š
    >
    > The printer is not working when using the standard DeskJet serial
    > settings of baud=57600, parity=none, bits=8, flow control=RTS/CTS. It
    > also does not work with the baud rate of 19200 which is the other
    > standard suggestion for Linux on PPC computers.
    >
    > Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

    Problem solved. The "Printer Features" was set to normal and the
    printer couldn't find the color cartridge as a black cartridge was
    installed. Once printing was set to greyscale, the printer came to life
    with the standard serial port settings.

    --

    In article <walterwego-43E122.10294416032005@corp.supernews.com>, Matt
    Broughton <walterwego@macosx.com.invalid> wrote:

    > In article <walterwego-DD7A21.20061415032005@corp.supernews.com>,
    > Matt Broughton <walterwego@macosx.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to get a DeskJet 340 portable printer to work in Mac OS X
    > > using a Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter. The printer is using the Macintosh
    > > cable as described on the HP site
    > > <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=b
    > > pm06005>.
    > >
    > > This document seems to agree with the User's Guide as to the port
    > > capabilities. The User's Guide shows the interface as:
    > > I/O Interface
    > > Centronics port with parallel, serial and serial infrared capability
    > > IrDA-compliant (serial enabled when used with Mac
    > > Adapter cable;Š
    > >
    > > The printer is not working when using the standard DeskJet serial
    > > settings of baud=57600, parity=none, bits=8, flow control=RTS/CTS. It
    > > also does not work with the baud rate of 19200 which is the other
    > > standard suggestion for Linux on PPC computers.
    > >
    > > Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Problem solved. The "Printer Features" was set to normal and the
    > printer couldn't find the color cartridge as a black cartridge was
    > installed. Once printing was set to greyscale, the printer came to life
    > with the standard serial port settings.

    Thanks Matt. You solved my problem!

Printers Hewlett Packard Deskjet Peripherals