AMD torrenza- also might include a GPU next to CPU

itguy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I think what they are saying is crap, graphics cards are already available, why the hell should we care?
We care because if this is pulled off via an HTX slot or using a second socket, then it could open up a pandora's box of increasing graphics technology and performance! It could also allow PS3 and XBOX360 emulators to be written and played on a PC with truly stunning graphics.

But hey, if that's not your cup of tea, just stick with that "graphics card that is already available".

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Bandwidth wise it wouldnt be an advantage, graphics cards dont use up AGPx8 let alone PCI-Ex16.

Latency might make things slightly better..... but I dont see it would be that much of an improvement.

As for emulators.... there is still the issue of the differeing instruction sets and I'm sick of console-esque PC games let alone playing console games.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
We care because if this is pulled off via an HTX slot or using a second socket, then it could open up a pandora's box of increasing graphics technology and performance!

I swear to god, I do not write nor consult for the enquirer.

In the first place, the layout is absolutely Neandrathal.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
here's the link

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32146

although it's about 4x4, but i am trying to attract attention to the end part.

i think waht they are saying is crap, graphics cards are already available, why the hell should we care?

None of you understand how bandwidth and usage works obviously. How do you think coProcs are getting 200x faster than the Opteron? The socket is said to be able to pump 200GFlops in the first release. I'm sure it wouldn't that hard for nVidia to move their new flip chip design to a socket, since they wanted one anyway.

Link