Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Brother MFC 4800 drum reset problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 16, 2005 10:18:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi

I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
gone out with the trash since I can not find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 4:24:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

dan wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
> went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
> needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
> drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
> gone out with the trash since I can not find it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Dan

Look here for everything you ever wanted to know about your machine.

http://solutions.brother.com/mfc4800/download/index.htm...

Yaz2040
March 18, 2005 6:19:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

yaz2040@att.net wrote:
> dan wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
>>went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
>>needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
>>drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
>>gone out with the trash since I can not find it.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Dan
>
>
> Look here for everything you ever wanted to know about your machine.
>
> http://solutions.brother.com/mfc4800/download/index.htm...
>
> Yaz2040

I checked out the site - unfortunately I found nothing on reseting the
drum counter. Thanks anyway.

dan
Related resources
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 1:43:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

dan wrote:
>
> yaz2040@att.net wrote:
> > dan wrote:
> >
> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
> >>went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
> >>needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
> >>drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
> >>gone out with the trash since I can not find it.
> >>
> >>Any help would be appreciated.
> >>
> >>Dan
> >
> >
> > Look here for everything you ever wanted to know about your machine.
> >
> > http://solutions.brother.com/mfc4800/download/index.htm...
> >
> > Yaz2040
>
> I checked out the site - unfortunately I found nothing on reseting the
> drum counter. Thanks anyway.
>
> dan

Perhaps this will help?

http://tonerrefillsplus.com/printerreset.html

Search for 4800 on the page.

Yaz2040
March 21, 2005 10:13:58 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

yaz2040@att.net wrote:
> dan wrote:
>
>>yaz2040@att.net wrote:
>>
>>>dan wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hi
>>>>
>>>>I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
>>>>went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
>>>>needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
>>>>drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
>>>>gone out with the trash since I can not find it.
>>>>
>>>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>Dan
>>>
>>>
>>>Look here for everything you ever wanted to know about your machine.
>>>
>>>http://solutions.brother.com/mfc4800/download/index.htm...
>>>
>>>Yaz2040
>>
>>I checked out the site - unfortunately I found nothing on reseting the
>>drum counter. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>dan
>
>
> Perhaps this will help?
>
> http://tonerrefillsplus.com/printerreset.html
>
> Search for 4800 on the page.
>
> Yaz2040

Thanks Yaz2040

I had a look at the link and this is the info for the 4800:
==================
Brother Cartridge Part #DR-250
OEM Stated Yield: 20,000
(Also used in the DCP-1000/MFC-4800 and MFC-6800)

New drum cartridges come with a clear "Starter Sheet" installed inside
the cartridge. Install the cartridge but keep the cover open. Press the
"CLEAR" button to show the drum status. The display will show REPLACE
DRUM? 1. YES 2. NO Press "1" on the telephone keypad. The counter is
reset! Full size copies of the sheet are available upon request.

==================

Unfortunately the MFC-4800 does not have a "CLEAR" button and I tried
every other button combo that I could think of with out any success. I
will have to see if I can track down a service manual for this unit - it
should be in there.

dan
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 4:38:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

dan wrote:
>
> yaz2040@att.net wrote:
> > dan wrote:
> >
> >>yaz2040@att.net wrote:
> >>
> >>>dan wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>Hi
> >>>>
> >>>>I just replaced a drum unit (DR250) in a Brother MFC 4800. Everything
> >>>>went OK until I happened to look at the display. It still told me that I
> >>>>needed to replace the drum! Can anyone help me with how to reset the
> >>>>drum counter in this unit? Unfortunately the "Starter Sheet" must have
> >>>>gone out with the trash since I can not find it.
> >>>>
> >>>>Any help would be appreciated.
> >>>>
> >>>>Dan
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Look here for everything you ever wanted to know about your machine.
> >>>
> >>>http://solutions.brother.com/mfc4800/download/index.htm...
> >>>
> >>>Yaz2040
> >>
> >>I checked out the site - unfortunately I found nothing on reseting the
> >>drum counter. Thanks anyway.
> >>
> >>dan
> >
> >
> > Perhaps this will help?
> >
> > http://tonerrefillsplus.com/printerreset.html
> >
> > Search for 4800 on the page.
> >
> > Yaz2040
>
> Thanks Yaz2040
>
> I had a look at the link and this is the info for the 4800:
> ==================
> Brother Cartridge Part #DR-250
> OEM Stated Yield: 20,000
> (Also used in the DCP-1000/MFC-4800 and MFC-6800)
>
> New drum cartridges come with a clear "Starter Sheet" installed inside
> the cartridge. Install the cartridge but keep the cover open. Press the
> "CLEAR" button to show the drum status. The display will show REPLACE
> DRUM? 1. YES 2. NO Press "1" on the telephone keypad. The counter is
> reset! Full size copies of the sheet are available upon request.
>
> ==================
>
> Unfortunately the MFC-4800 does not have a "CLEAR" button and I tried
> every other button combo that I could think of with out any success. I
> will have to see if I can track down a service manual for this unit - it
> should be in there.
>
> dan

Dan:

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping that site would answer your questions.
I've exhausted my meager knowledge of these things. Good Luck.

Yaz2040
March 21, 2012 2:20:17 PM

This is how I reset the drum count on my HL-5250:
open the unit--as if you were replacing the toner or drum--hold down the Go button for five or six seconds; close the unit and then print a status report.
!