No service in New Mexico ?

fester

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004

I was traveling down I40 from Memphis Tn to Cali after I left Amirllo Tx and
lost service until I hit Kingman Az I called CS they told me that there is
service there I do have a V400 I need to go back to NM later in Novmeber I
have updated my SIM to the west coast sim

In <WJGdnSCgCaO9EvbcRVn-uw@comcast.com> on Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:00:31 -0700,
"Fester" <raven_wood@homeDOT.com> wrote:

>I was traveling down I40 from Memphis Tn to Cali after I left Amirllo Tx and
>lost service until I hit Kingman Az I called CS they told me that there is
>service there I do have a V400 I need to go back to NM later in Novmeber I
>have updated my SIM to the west coast sim

There is GSM coverage in New Mexico, but it must be on roaming partner(s),
since that's not a Cingular service area. See
<http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html/Maps/nation_GSM_map.htm>

fester

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004

It was odd that I did see the map but I got nothing but just "no service" on
my phone my kids Virgin phone worked just so so

> In <WJGdnSCgCaO9EvbcRVn-uw@comcast.com> on Tue, 12 Oct 2004
01:00:31 -0700,
> "Fester" <raven_wood@homeDOT.com> wrote:
>
> >I was traveling down I40 from Memphis Tn to Cali after I left Amirllo Tx
and
> >lost service until I hit Kingman Az I called CS they told me that there
is
> >service there I do have a V400 I need to go back to NM later in Novmeber
> >have updated my SIM to the west coast sim
>
> There is GSM coverage in New Mexico, but it must be on roaming partner(s),
> since that's not a Cingular service area. See
> <http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html/Maps/nation_GSM_map.htm>

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

At least in the Dallas market, we can now activate a Gait phone on the GSM
nation plans.
You still get the GAIT coverage map, but the GSM price plan.
So, get a GAIT phone, put it on your plan, then put the SIM car in your V400
for everyday use.
Only use the GAIT phone where your V400 doesn't get service.