Epson C70+ compatible cartridges not recognised...

Epson C70+ on XP SP2. Latest drivers from Epson's website. All original
cartridges were empty, so I bought a number of compatibles from eBay.
However, there seems to be a problem, tried to install them, and the only
one which is recognised is the black one, the CMY ones aren't.

Instructions that come with the cartridges say that if this happens, to
re-install them. However, I have been doing that all day, and none were
recognised.

Any further advice, before I contact the seller?

Marcus

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Often this is due to contamination wher e mostly ink could have splashed
onto the contact splines at the back of the ink well.
handled here.. http://www.wecanuk.co.uk/invision/index.php?showtopic=142

--
Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
> Often this is due to contamination wher e mostly ink could have splashed
> onto the contact splines at the back of the ink well.
> handled here.. http://www.wecanuk.co.uk/invision/index.php?showtopic=142

I don't think that's the problem, it still recognises the original Epsons as
being empty. Gave it a shot anyway and cleaned both cart and contacts, but
didn't work.

Marcus

Nope, contact the seller... chances are the chips are either not
compatible or mis-programmed, or both. Sometimes they aren't even in the
correct position.

Art

Marcus Fox wrote:

> Epson C70+ on XP SP2. Latest drivers from Epson's website. All original
> cartridges were empty, so I bought a number of compatibles from eBay.
> However, there seems to be a problem, tried to install them, and the only
> one which is recognised is the black one, the CMY ones aren't.
>
> Instructions that come with the cartridges say that if this happens, to
> re-install them. However, I have been doing that all day, and none were
> recognised.
>
> Any further advice, before I contact the seller?
>
> Marcus

joel

"Marcus Fox" <please-reply-via-newsgroup-th@-i-posted-to.com> wrote:

> Epson C70+ on XP SP2. Latest drivers from Epson's website. All original
> cartridges were empty, so I bought a number of compatibles from eBay.
> However, there seems to be a problem, tried to install them, and the only
> one which is recognised is the black one, the CMY ones aren't.
>
> Instructions that come with the cartridges say that if this happens, to
> re-install them. However, I have been doing that all day, and none were
> recognised.
>
> Any further advice, before I contact the seller?
>
> Marcus

*If* the printer report the cartrige isn't not Epson brand, then just tell
the printer to GO AHEAD to continue then it should work.

"Joel" <Joel@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
"Marcus Fox" <please-reply-via-newsgroup-th@-i-posted-to.com> wrote:

> Epson C70+ on XP SP2. Latest drivers from Epson's website. All original
> cartridges were empty, so I bought a number of compatibles from eBay.
> However, there seems to be a problem, tried to install them, and the only
> one which is recognised is the black one, the CMY ones aren't.
>
> Instructions that come with the cartridges say that if this happens, to
> re-install them. However, I have been doing that all day, and none were
> recognised.
>
> Any further advice, before I contact the seller?
>
> Marcus

*If* the printer report the cartrige isn't not Epson brand, then just tell
the printer to GO AHEAD to continue then it should work.

I would, only it just says "the following cartridge is not recognised,
please re-install, Epson recommends genuine cartridges, blah blah", and the
process repeats every time I re-install.

Marcus

TRENDING THREADS