Minolta 2430DL - not staying networked

Ok here is another question about my Minolta 2430DL network color laser
printer...

Everything works ok until I come back a day or two later and try and print.
I am able to print from my desktop which is USB connected but I am not able
to print from any computer networked to my router unless I reinstall the
Minolta drivers.

I have a feeling that the problem might have something to do with IP
addresses changing and don't know how to go about preventing this. I leave
the printer on all the time in energy saver mode, but I turn off my wireless
networked PCs each night.

Any suggestions?

Jay A wrote:
> Ok here is another question about my Minolta 2430DL network color
laser
> printer...
>
> Everything works ok until I come back a day or two later and try and
print.
> I am able to print from my desktop which is USB connected but I am
not able
> to print from any computer networked to my router unless I reinstall
the
> Minolta drivers.
>
> I have a feeling that the problem might have something to do with IP
> addresses changing and don't know how to go about preventing this. I
leave
> the printer on all the time in energy saver mode, but I turn off my
wireless
> networked PCs each night.
>
> Any suggestions?

Did you disable dhcp in the printer control panel? are your
network settings in the printer ok?
And what about trying to connect to the printer without a router in
between?
And when you cannot print anymore on your mc2430, can still ping the
printer?

Thanks....yes I figured it out. I had to disable dhcp and now it seems to be
ok.
What I would like to know though is, if dhcp needs to be disabled, in what
situtaion would you NOT want to disable it? Why does it default to being on?

"Martijn" <mvlietstra@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Jay A wrote:
>> Ok here is another question about my Minolta 2430DL network color
> laser
>> printer...
>>
>> Everything works ok until I come back a day or two later and try and
> print.
>> I am able to print from my desktop which is USB connected but I am
> not able
>> to print from any computer networked to my router unless I reinstall
> the
>> Minolta drivers.
>>
>> I have a feeling that the problem might have something to do with IP
>> addresses changing and don't know how to go about preventing this. I
> leave
>> the printer on all the time in energy saver mode, but I turn off my
> wireless
>> networked PCs each night.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Did you disable dhcp in the printer control panel? are your
> network settings in the printer ok?
> And what about trying to connect to the printer without a router in
> between?
> And when you cannot print anymore on your mc2430, can still ping the
> printer?

I dunno. Every network printer I've ever used, even tiny US$30 Edimax print
servers work just fine with DHCP. I can't imagine why your Minolta requires
DHCP to be disabled.

After disabling DHCP, have you assigned it a fixed IP address? Did you
exclude that address from your DHCP scope?

"Jay A" <cajay@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Thanks....yes I figured it out. I had to disable dhcp and now it seems to
be
> ok.
> What I would like to know though is, if dhcp needs to be disabled, in what
> situtaion would you NOT want to disable it? Why does it default to being
on?

> "Martijn" <mvlietstra@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Jay A wrote:
> >> Ok here is another question about my Minolta 2430DL network color
> > laser
> >> printer...
> >>
> >> Everything works ok until I come back a day or two later and try and
> > print.
> >> I am able to print from my desktop which is USB connected but I am
> > not able
> >> to print from any computer networked to my router unless I reinstall
> > the
> >> Minolta drivers.
> >>
> >> I have a feeling that the problem might have something to do with IP
> >> addresses changing and don't know how to go about preventing this. I
> > leave
> >> the printer on all the time in energy saver mode, but I turn off my
> > wireless
> >> networked PCs each night.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >
> > Did you disable dhcp in the printer control panel? are your
> > network settings in the printer ok?
> > And what about trying to connect to the printer without a router in
> > between?
> > And when you cannot print anymore on your mc2430, can still ping the
> > printer?

Yes I assigned the address manually on the printer but I don't know what you
mean by excluding it from the DHCP scope. Is this something I must do on the
router? I use a Linksys router. At any rate, so far so good. The printer is
working today just fine/