• Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Scythe Katana

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

TheHammer

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Lately, in an effort to get the best bang for the buck in my new system to be, I have been researching effective cpu coolers orther than Zalman, as I feel they are too expensive, and I can get a better deal. Anyway, my cooler will be used on a PD 805 overclocking to between 3.4ghz and 3.6 ghz. So, I've narrowed it down to two coolers, the Artic cooling Freexer 7 Pro or the Scythe Katana. So, which one should I get? And is their something better around the same price range that I'm missing?

cmptrdude79

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I can't speak directly to either one of those coolers, as I've never owned one. However, I've used the Thermaltake Big Typhoon to great effect with my 805, which is currently running at 3.6 on stock volts in my 90 - 110 degree F garage. So far, it's never exceeded 60C at full load. Check it out on Newegg here.

-J

linux_0

Splendid
The Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro has an extra heat pipe so in theory it should be better.

However as wusy said the Katana allows you to attach a much better fan :-D

So it's a toss up.

:-D

TheHammer

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Hmm thanks for the input, however, I recently discovered that Newegg does in fact seel the Scythe Ninja, which is what I wanted in the first place, so I think I'll go with that instead. Thanks for the replys though.