nforce 570 chipset

Suffix

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
I am doing a new build and was wondering if the nforce 570 chipset supported true 16x SLI much like the nforce 4 slix16 chipset did? Because Id hate to get SLI and then have the cards nerfed by the pcix bus.

weilin

Distinguished
I seriously doubt it would matter, the newest cards now cant even use the full AGP 8x bandwidth. PCI-express has more. Even if the board operates at 2x 8x speeds. The Bandwidth wont be completely used.

linux_0

Splendid
I am doing a new build and was wondering if the nforce 570 chipset supported true 16x SLI much like the nforce 4 slix16 chipset did? Because Id hate to get SLI and then have the cards nerfed by the pcix bus.

The 570SLI is limited to 8X in SLI mode however that really shouldn't be a major problem.

The 590SLI has two full 16X slots and can operate at 16X in SLI mode.

linux_0

Splendid
so in which circumstance would it be necissary to have the full 16x?

16x SLI is not necessary but it's nice to have if you can afford it.

SLI itself doesn't make a lot of sense unless you have a ton of $ to spend and want 2 of the best cards on the market.

You are usually better off with a single top of the line 7900GT/GTX or X1900XT/XTX.

pat

Expert

Well, that something to impress your friend better with their 8X SLI and maybe in 5 years, video card will start to starve for bandwidth..

but marketing will already announce 64x SLI, so you'll never win...

linux_0

Splendid

Well, that something to impress your friend better with their 8X SLI and maybe in 5 years, video card will start to starve for bandwidth..

but marketing will already announce 64x SLI, so you'll never win...

Tru64 :-D

Suffix

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
damn those suave motherboard manufactorers! Making irrelevent necessities out of things. Thanks for the help guys. I guess I wont make slix16 a priority which will be cool, ill have more of a selection, slix16 widdled down my choices quite a bit!

linux_0

Splendid
damn those suave motherboard manufactorers! Making irrelevent necessities out of things. Thanks for the help guys. I guess I wont make slix16 a priority which will be cool, ill have more of a selection, slix16 widdled down my choices quite a bit!

Go for a regular 550 or 570 and you'll be fine :-D

Good Luck :-D

TRENDING THREADS