Epson R200 Colour

I have the Epson R200 and find when I print the colours are very dull
compared to the original I was printing off. I have the latest R200 drivers
and when I fiddle around with the colour settings I can never seem to get an
exact copy of what I want to print off. I just end up using a load of ink
but to no avail. I even printed 3 copies of an old black and white
photograph and although it obviously came out in b&w,there was a difference
in brightness etc between all 3. Any idea?.......

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:55:33 +0000 (UTC), in comp.periphs.printers "Hagar"
<sammyhagar@NO SPAM!btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have the Epson R200 and find when I print the colours are very dull
>compared to the original I was printing off. I have the latest R200 drivers
>and when I fiddle around with the colour settings I can never seem to get an
>exact copy of what I want to print off. I just end up using a load of ink
>but to no avail. I even printed 3 copies of an old black and white
>photograph and although it obviously came out in b&w,there was a difference
>in brightness etc between all 3. Any idea?.......

What paper and what driver settings are you using?
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Hi Hagar,

You need to be a bit more specific. For instance, what type of paper
are you using? If you are just using a bond paper designed for general
printing, or even one designed with inkjet in mind, it will not give you
the best result. Inkjet printers pretty much require papers designed
for them, coated with surfaces that both hold the ink in place and
reflect a bright white background.

Secondly, I am unsure what you are stating in the second part of your
posting. Are you saying if you make 3 copies of a black and white image
on your R200, and you use the same paper and the same driver settings
that you get three quite different looking results? That shouldn't
happen. However, if you are saying three different black and white
images look considerably different in printing than they do on your
monitor, that is probably a matter of poor color management, and other
factors (again, paper type perhaps, what image profile the image may
have embedded, how your monitor is set and if it can show differences in
shadows, etc, and so on).

Although Epson's canned drivers aren't perfect, they shouldn't be moving
all over the map, either.

Art

Hagar wrote:

> I have the Epson R200 and find when I print the colours are very dull
> compared to the original I was printing off. I have the latest R200 drivers
> and when I fiddle around with the colour settings I can never seem to get an
> exact copy of what I want to print off. I just end up using a load of ink
> but to no avail. I even printed 3 copies of an old black and white
> photograph and although it obviously came out in b&w,there was a difference
> in brightness etc between all 3. Any idea?.......

Thanks for the replies and help.I had no idea about the paper and you's were
right. I tried a different heavier paper and it sorted the problem out.
Thanks for the info.