what's the best way to backup my registy?

Hi

I use a small program called ERunt. It can be used to backup and restore
the Registry:

http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.htm

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"inspire" <inspire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what's the best way to backup my registy?

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Backup and once in the program
choose Backup (top radio button) and then choose Let Me Choose What To Back
Up, the bottom radio button, on the next page. The Items to Back Up screen
will appear. In the left pane, click the plus sign by My Computer and
scroll down to System State and check it. Leave all other choices
unchecked. Click Next and tell Back Up where to save the file. You can
schedule this to run nightly, weekly, or just do it when you feel like it.

If you are running XP Home you will need to install Backup.exe from your
Windows CD. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/backup.mspx. Instructions
for installing Backup to your XP Home are in the gray pane on the right.