Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Socket 775 Heatsink

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
June 4, 2006 4:24:56 AM

what are some of the best heatsinks for a socket 775 pentium 4?

More about : socket 775 heatsink

June 4, 2006 4:47:06 AM

Scythe Ninja.

But you need a gigantic case.
June 4, 2006 5:09:59 AM

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7.

P4 775 640 @3.2Mhz.

Current ambient temp 17C.

No load cpu temp 26C - Load temp 36 - 37C @3.6Mhz using arctic cooling tim.
Related resources
June 4, 2006 5:19:10 AM

Zalman7700 in my sig

53C full load prime 95 10 hours @ 3840 ghz
55C @ 4004 ghz Prime95
at 85 deg F amient temps
June 4, 2006 5:31:01 AM

I purchased a Masscool heat sink and fan. It was $19.00 and it keeps my 3.2 Ghz P4 between 36C and 50C. Room temp verys between 65 and 80 F.

EDIT 36 - 40C Idle
45 - 55C Playing Grand Theft Auto 3
June 4, 2006 7:57:38 AM

The Zalman CNSP9500 works well, but like the Scythe Ninja, you need a big case for this one.
June 4, 2006 9:24:16 AM

7700 zalman
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2006 9:04:40 PM

Quote:
what are some of the best heatsinks for a socket 775 pentium 4?


Scythe Ninja. I'm planning on using it to passively cool a Conroe that is not overclocked.
June 16, 2006 10:15:01 PM

Another vote for the Zalman 7700CU. $50 at Fry's, probably cheaper online (I'm the instant gratification type tho lol)
June 17, 2006 4:44:50 PM

Quote:
I use the Cooler Master Hyper L3 with excellent results.


Can you post these excellent results? Otherwise your thread is useless...
June 17, 2006 5:50:34 PM

He asked for a suggestion, I gave one...just like everyone else. It was a post, not a thread. Your post is useless.
June 17, 2006 11:30:20 PM

i would recommend the Thermalright Ultra 90....
June 18, 2006 10:12:27 AM

Quote:
He asked for a suggestion, I gave one...just like everyone else. It was a post, not a thread. Your post is useless.


I'm asking because some people think that 50 deg Celsius is ok idle temp, so I like to see; idle:***, load:***. No hard feelings.
June 18, 2006 10:49:54 AM

I have used the Thermaltake Big Typhoon with my 840 @ 3.840Ghz on 1.40 volts with 45c idle and 50c full load at 32c room temp. Thing is it's pretty huge and may not fit in slimmer or smaller cases. Im using Thermaltake Kandalf full tower case by the way. :) 
June 18, 2006 8:28:31 PM

Look at the Thermaltake Sonic Tower 112
June 19, 2006 3:47:27 AM

Quote:
I have used the Thermaltake Big Typhoon with my 840 @ 3.840Ghz on 1.40 volts with 45c idle and 50c full load at 32c room temp. Thing is it's pretty huge and may not fit in slimmer or smaller cases. Im using Thermaltake Kandalf full tower case by the way. :) 


I second on getting a Big Typhoon. It is the best air cooling solution I've ever seen. :D 
June 19, 2006 4:06:41 AM

Ambient of 22C
Idle @ 25-28 (28 when PC has been running for a day or so)
Load @ 42-46 (Fluctuates back and forth a bit when)

with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro and Arctic Silver 5. Really impressed with the cooler for a 21.99 on newegg pricepoint.
July 21, 2006 11:34:28 PM

I was thinking about the Thermalright SI-128, get a kick ass fan on it, and perhaps it would be almost as good as the holy "Tuniq Tower 120" ... err, perhaps not, lol
July 23, 2006 8:30:54 PM

How come ur ambients are so low? mine is 42 c??
July 23, 2006 9:15:43 PM

Quote:
How come ur ambients are so low? mine is 42 c??


I presume you mean your idle temps are 42C.

Anyway, I don't think you need that big a case to run a Ninja. It fits into all the cases I have here (from cheapo no-name to Lian-Li)
July 23, 2006 9:17:50 PM

yea but i dont mean the cpu i mean the northbridge

my cpu is idle 66 load 70
July 23, 2006 9:43:25 PM

.....
July 23, 2006 9:59:56 PM

Asus Star ice.. but you will need a big case ... my intel 550 runs at 80-96 (35 c) and peeks at 115F while in games
July 23, 2006 10:00:28 PM

Quote:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7.

P4 775 640 @3.2Mhz.

Current ambient temp 17C.

No load cpu temp 26C - Load temp 36 - 37C @3.6Mhz using arctic cooling tim.


WOWSERS!!!!!!! 3.2MHz :wink:
July 23, 2006 10:08:46 PM

Quote:
Asus Star ice.. but you will need a big case ... my intel 550 runs at 80-96 (35 c) and peeks at 115F while in games


Very good lot of copper! Same price as the 9500 that worries me. It is 5 pound dearer in fact
July 23, 2006 10:12:54 PM

Another bang-for-your-buck vote for the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Absolutely awesome for a $20 (newegg) heatsink. Mine keeps the flamethrowing D805 at a nice 27C and 41-43C under load for extended periods of time. My ambient is relatively cool ranging from 20-25C but temp of the overclocked D805 is usually about 6C over ambient. My case also has very good airflow with a duct-mod to pull cool air in right to the processor, but it is a great heatsink if you dont want to spend too much!
November 5, 2009 5:39:08 PM

Which fan/heatsink should I replace my crappy Intel E33681-001 LGA 775 Aluminum Heatsink 4 Pin with? I have a normal case, just got it in June 2009. Thx! Recommend me one that is silent please!
a b K Overclocking
November 5, 2009 5:47:10 PM

Tom_21 said:
Which fan/heatsink should I replace my crappy Intel E33681-001 LGA 775 Aluminum Heatsink 4 Pin with? I have a normal case, just got it in June 2009. Thx! Recommend me one that is silent please!

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
!