Sign in with
Your question

How to enable a hard drive on windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 25, 2011 12:43:45 AM

How do I enable my c drive as it is disabled, due to a program of the net, windows 7
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 25, 2011 11:35:54 PM

Please explain: if your C: drive was disabled your computer would not boot.

Also, what program did you install?
December 30, 2012 2:25:15 AM

I also have a similar problem. Both my hard drive and CD/DVD drive are disabled. I had a major crash after installing MS Works in a Windows 7 PC I am trying to use my restore DVDs but can't because my DVD drive will not work. How can I enable my drive. I have tried doing it in Bios with no success. I hgihlighted the dvd drive and hit the e key NO GOOD I even tried typing the entire word enable. NO LUCK. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I am registered with tom's hardware as gizmo113 or you may use ventrep@hotmail.com Please type SOLUTION in subject box so I can spot it in my junk mail where you wil wind up since you are not in my contact list. Thank you again. Peter
Related resources
December 30, 2012 6:03:09 PM

Gizmo113 said:
I also have a similar problem. Both my hard drive and CD/DVD drive are disabled. I had a major crash after installing MS Works in a Windows 7 PC I am trying to use my restore DVDs but can't because my DVD drive will not work. How can I enable my drive. I have tried doing it in Bios with no success. I hgihlighted the dvd drive and hit the e key NO GOOD I even tried typing the entire word enable. NO LUCK. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I am registered with tom's hardware as gizmo113 or you may use ventrep@hotmail.com Please type SOLUTION in subject box so I can spot it in my junk mail where you wil wind up since you are not in my contact list. Thank you again. Peter

December 30, 2012 6:13:39 PM

Thread is a year plus old.start a new question thread so we can help.
!