Need New printer but i need help choosing ???

My current printer is a Lexmark Z22, UMM ill give you a few hours to
stop laughing :)

Dum De Dum De Dum De Dum DUM DUm Dumm enough time.

What i need is a Printer that at best does A3 printing,but also prints
to Cd/DVDS.

I would like to print some colour photos from time to time so it must
be a great photo printer.

Iam leaning towards a canon printer. But what one they have some old
modiels that do all i want like the previous models. Though i just
looked at my local pc shops website and it seems they don't stock the
old models :(

Anyway the printer must support A3 printing and be a fantastic photo
printer those are my minium requirments.

Thanks for anyhelp. I can allways buy a seperate Cd/dvd printer plenty
to choose from.

Thanks again.

Have you looked at the Epson line of Stylus Photo printers like the R200,
R300 and so on? I know they print to CD's and I am fairly sure they also
can print to A3 paper.

"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

> My current printer is a Lexmark Z22, UMM ill give you a few hours to
> stop laughing :)
>
> Dum De Dum De Dum De Dum DUM DUm Dumm enough time.
>
> What i need is a Printer that at best does A3 printing,but also prints
> to Cd/DVDS.
>
> I would like to print some colour photos from time to time so it must
> be a great photo printer.
>

> Iam leaning towards a canon printer. But what one they have some old
> modiels that do all i want like the previous models. Though i just
> looked at my local pc shops website and it seems they don't stock the
> old models :(
>
> Anyway the printer must support A3 printing and be a fantastic photo
> printer those are my minium requirments.
>
> Thanks for anyhelp. I can allways buy a seperate Cd/dvd printer plenty
> to choose from.
>
> Thanks again.

Iam kind of steering away from Epson. I hear they are more toruble
than the a re worth and the cost more for it.

Was looking at Canon.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:35:43 -0800, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Have you looked at the Epson line of Stylus Photo printers like the R200,
>R300 and so on? I know they print to CD's and I am fairly sure they also
>can print to A3 paper.
>
>"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
>>

>> My current printer is a Lexmark Z22, UMM ill give you a few hours to
>> stop laughing :)
>>
>> Dum De Dum De Dum De Dum DUM DUm Dumm enough time.
>>
>> What i need is a Printer that at best does A3 printing,but also prints
>> to Cd/DVDS.
>>
>> I would like to print some colour photos from time to time so it must
>> be a great photo printer.
>>

>> Iam leaning towards a canon printer. But what one they have some old
>> modiels that do all i want like the previous models. Though i just
>> looked at my local pc shops website and it seems they don't stock the
>> old models :(
>>
>> Anyway the printer must support A3 printing and be a fantastic photo
>> printer those are my minium requirments.
>>
>> Thanks for anyhelp. I can allways buy a seperate Cd/dvd printer plenty
>> to choose from.
>>
>> Thanks again.

The European model of the Canon IP4000 prints on Cds. I have the USA
version and get great results from it. I chose it over the Epson for
the following reasons:

1. Cartridges are cheaper - $9.00 at Costco
2. Duplex print mode.
3. Twin Paper Feeds - I use paper in the Cassette and Photo in the Top
Auto Sheet Feeder.
4. Arguably better results in Photo
5. Better business results.
6. Uses less ink - especially on startup
7. Replaceable Print head - but the cost is high
8. Prone to less clogging

> The European model of the Canon IP4000 prints on Cds. I have the USA
> version and get great results from it. I chose it over the Epson for the
> following reasons:
>
> 1. Cartridges are cheaper - $9.00 at Costco
> 2. Duplex print mode.
> 3. Twin Paper Feeds - I use paper in the Cassette and Photo in the Top
> Auto Sheet Feeder.
> 4. Arguably better results in Photo
> 5. Better business results.
> 6. Uses less ink - especially on startup
> 7. Replaceable Print head - but the cost is high
> 8. Prone to less clogging

IP4000 is not A3 though.

The newer Epson are worth looking at. The poor reputation of Epson may be
deserved but the current models are a different matter. Measeite, if you are
going to list out your reasons for preferring Canon you should really
include the cons as well - namely ink stability. It has been said many times
in this forum already.

The Epson A3 printers are worth looking at if you are interested in making
permanent photo prints, as their pigment based inks are rated at over 100
years, while the Canon prints will fade within 5 years if exposed to light
and air.

An incomplete review of the R1800 which is Epson's newest A3 printer can be
found here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/ (the first 6 pages were only posted
today, and the conclusions are yet to be posted)

Caitlin wrote:

>>The European model of the Canon IP4000 prints on Cds. I have the USA
>>version and get great results from it. I chose it over the Epson for the
>>following reasons:
>>
>>1. Cartridges are cheaper - $9.00 at Costco
>>2. Duplex print mode.
>>3. Twin Paper Feeds - I use paper in the Cassette and Photo in the Top
>>Auto Sheet Feeder.
>>4. Arguably better results in Photo
>>5. Better business results.
>>6. Uses less ink - especially on startup
>>7. Replaceable Print head - but the cost is high
>>8. Prone to less clogging
>>

>IP4000 is not A3 though.
>
>The newer Epson are worth looking at. The poor reputation of Epson may be
>deserved but the current models are a different matter. Measeite, if you are
>going to list out your reasons for preferring Canon you should really
>include the cons as well - namely ink stability.

To some extent, Ink Stability is a problem with all printers that use
dye based ink, including Epson. Pigmented ink models do retain their
results and are more stable and Epson does produce these models. Heads
that use Pigmented inks have a greater tendency to clog. I know many do
not agree with this, however, just read about the problems many are
having.

>It has been said many times
>in this forum already.
>
>The Epson A3 printers are worth looking at if you are interested in making
>permanent photo prints, as their pigment based inks are rated at over 100
>years, while the Canon prints will fade within 5 years if exposed to light
>and air.
>
> An incomplete review of the R1800 which is Epson's newest A3 printer can be
>found here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/ (the first 6 pages were only posted
>today, and the conclusions are yet to be posted)

I guess we refer to A3 as wide carriage or 13x19. Both of these
references describe what the product is. A3 does is not descriptive all
over the world.

Douglas

I can't see how someone who TRIES to act like a printer expert,does not know
what A3 is! A3 and A4 are used world wide! Try reading your printers
manual.Even my Canon manuals use them! The term "wide carriage" is not used
worldwide!
Just to confuse you more,there is also an A5.

> Caitlin wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The European model of the Canon IP4000 prints on Cds. I have the USA
>>>version and get great results from it. I chose it over the Epson for the
>>>following reasons:
>>>
>>>1. Cartridges are cheaper - $9.00 at Costco
>>>2. Duplex print mode.
>>>3. Twin Paper Feeds - I use paper in the Cassette and Photo in the Top
>>>Auto Sheet Feeder.
>>>4. Arguably better results in Photo
>>>5. Better business results.
>>>6. Uses less ink - especially on startup
>>>7. Replaceable Print head - but the cost is high
>>>8. Prone to less clogging
>>>

>>IP4000 is not A3 though.
>>
>>The newer Epson are worth looking at. The poor reputation of Epson may be
>>deserved but the current models are a different matter. Measeite, if you
>>are going to list out your reasons for preferring Canon you should really
>>include the cons as well - namely ink stability.
>
> To some extent, Ink Stability is a problem with all printers that use dye
> based ink, including Epson. Pigmented ink models do retain their results
> and are more stable and Epson does produce these models. Heads that use
> Pigmented inks have a greater tendency to clog. I know many do not agree
> with this, however, just read about the problems many are having.
>>It has been said many times in this forum already.
>>
>>The Epson A3 printers are worth looking at if you are interested in making
>>permanent photo prints, as their pigment based inks are rated at over 100
>>years, while the Canon prints will fade within 5 years if exposed to light
>>and air.
>>
>> An incomplete review of the R1800 which is Epson's newest A3 printer can
>> be found here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/ (the first 6 pages were only
>> posted today, and the conclusions are yet to be posted)
>
> I guess we refer to A3 as wide carriage or 13x19. Both of these
> references describe what the product is. A3 does is not descriptive all
> over the world.

But we won the war.