Outlook 2003 compatability with ActiveSync 3.7

November 15, 2004 3:30:13 PM

Can you successfully sync iPaq running ActiveSync 3.7
with Outlook 2003?
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:42:47 AM

Yes, no problem.

"garyp" <garyp60@bellsouth.net> escribió en el mensaje
> Can you successfully sync iPaq running ActiveSync 3.7
> with Outlook 2003?
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 3:04:19 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:30:13 -0800, "garyp" <garyp60@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>Can you successfully sync iPaq running ActiveSync 3.7
>with Outlook 2003?

Yes. If you're upgrading, just be sure to reinstall ActiveSync after
you upgrade Outlook.

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Hello,

I have the same issue. I cannot get my activesync 3.71 work with
either outlook 2002 or 2003.

I installed activesync 3.7.1 on windows 2000 (outlook 2002) and
Windows XP (Outlook 2003) (new installation with no previous version
installed before).

Once I connected my pocket PC (IPAQ H5450 WM2003) to my PC, it asked
me establish partnership, I choose yes, it asked me to choose outlook
profiles, I choose my outlook profiles with my exchange 2003 server. I
selected calendar, contact, inbox, and notes to sync with, then I
selected combine items on my device and outlook (or server, whatever),
then it started sync with my calendar, and and inbox and my contact.
It stopped on starting sync with my contact. (There is no contact on
my outlook, however, there does some contacts on my pocket PC which I
have activesync directly with one of another exchange 2003 servers,
that is no longer available before).
once the activesync stopped, it disconnected to my PC automaticlly.

Any idea.

TIA

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:04:19 -0500, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
<r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:30:13 -0800, "garyp" <garyp60@bellsouth.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Can you successfully sync iPaq running ActiveSync 3.7
>>with Outlook 2003?
>
>Yes. If you're upgrading, just be sure to reinstall ActiveSync after
>you upgrade Outlook.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:32:43 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:32:42 GMT, UBEST <Anyware@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have the same issue. I cannot get my activesync 3.71 work with
>either outlook 2002 or 2003.
>
>I installed activesync 3.7.1 on windows 2000 (outlook 2002) and
>Windows XP (Outlook 2003) (new installation with no previous version
>installed before).
>
>Once I connected my pocket PC (IPAQ H5450 WM2003) to my PC, it asked
>me establish partnership, I choose yes, it asked me to choose outlook
>profiles, I choose my outlook profiles with my exchange 2003 server. I
>selected calendar, contact, inbox, and notes to sync with, then I
>selected combine items on my device and outlook (or server, whatever),
>then it started sync with my calendar, and and inbox and my contact.
>It stopped on starting sync with my contact. (There is no contact on
>my outlook, however, there does some contacts on my pocket PC which I
>have activesync directly with one of another exchange 2003 servers,
>that is no longer available before).
>once the activesync stopped, it disconnected to my PC automaticlly.

Are you using more than one Outlook profile? Can you try synchronizing
without Contacts and see if it works OK?

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 11:34:51 PM

>Can you successfully sync iPaq running ActiveSync 3.7
>with Outlook 2003?

Yes, the sync is OK.

But before the first sync (after the power on of the PC and when I put
the PPC on its craddle) I get always 5 or 6 "Installation windows"
displayed during few seconds. Nothing is installed and the sync starts
normally.

--
l'abs
!