Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Previously deleted file reappears on desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 1:01:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
later). When I right click on it and check the
properties, it says it is a newly created file. How do I
get this to stay away?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 9:11:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi

What kind of file is it - the extension? Do you know where it came from
originally?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0c1101c4a0bd$63fb4050$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
> bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
> later). When I right click on it and check the
> properties, it says it is a newly created file. How do I
> get this to stay away?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 9:11:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Will,

I would run either SpyBot Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware to remove the malware
programs that are causing this.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> What kind of file is it - the extension? Do you know where it came from
> originally?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0c1101c4a0bd$63fb4050$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> > After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
> > bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
> > later). When I right click on it and check the
> > properties, it says it is a newly created file. How do I
> > get this to stay away?
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:15:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi

It may not be malware. Depends on where it is being re-created from.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B6819F19-2AD6-43FF-9AF0-43D446F8F696@microsoft.com...
> Will,
>
> I would run either SpyBot Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware to remove the
> malware
> programs that are causing this.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What kind of file is it - the extension? Do you know where it came from
>> originally?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>> "Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0c1101c4a0bd$63fb4050$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> > After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
>> > bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
>> > later). When I right click on it and check the
>> > properties, it says it is a newly created file. How do I
>> > get this to stay away?
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 6:21:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I agree. Many programs need to create files for their own use.

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:ex3ZtDOoEHA.2864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> It may not be malware. Depends on where it is being re-created from.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B6819F19-2AD6-43FF-9AF0-43D446F8F696@microsoft.com...
>> Will,
>>
>> I would run either SpyBot Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware to remove the
>> malware
>> programs that are causing this.
>>
>> "Will Denny" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> What kind of file is it - the extension? Do you know where it came from
>>> originally?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>
>>>
>>> "Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:0c1101c4a0bd$63fb4050$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>>> > After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
>>> > bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
>>> > later). When I right click on it and check the
>>> > properties, it says it is a newly created file. How do I
>>> > get this to stay away?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:36:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi
>
>What kind of file is it - the extension? Do you know
where it came from
>originally?
>
>--
>
>Will Denny
>MVP - Windows Shell/User
>Please reply to the News Groups
>
>The file is actually an empty folder on my desktop that
was created to hold files. When it reappears, it is
still empty.
>"Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:0c1101c4a0bd$63fb4050$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> After deleting an empty file and emptying the recycle
>> bin, the deleted file will reappear (sometimes days
>> later). When I right click on it and check the
>> properties, it says it is a newly created file. How
do I
>> get this to stay away?
>
>
>.
>
!