restore

I have recently downloaded SP2 to my XP home system. When
I tried to restore recently, the restore function went
through the motions, but did not change any settings.
This was confirmed by the accompanying message. I have
tried several other restore dates without success.
Restore worked previous to the download. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about restore

    Hi

    One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    checkpoints:

    Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
    Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
    drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
    new SR checkpoint.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently downloaded SP2 to my XP home system. When
    > I tried to restore recently, the restore function went
    > through the motions, but did not change any settings.
    > This was confirmed by the accompanying message. I have
    > tried several other restore dates without success.
    > Restore worked previous to the download. Any ideas?

    I don't think you can restore to points earlier than the SP2 upgrade. I
    read somewhere that the OS sees SP2 as a different OS version from SP1 and
    earlier.

    "mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently downloaded SP2 to my XP home system. When
    > I tried to restore recently, the restore function went
    > through the motions, but did not change any settings.
    > This was confirmed by the accompanying message. I have
    > tried several other restore dates without success.
    > Restore worked previous to the download. Any ideas?

Microsoft Windows XP