The 'clicking sound' its driving me crazy!

September 22, 2004 1:13:06 PM

I use my pc to make sound samples which means I have to have my pc set up
through large speakers, however, I can't seem to find out how you get rid of
that awful 'clickick' sound when ever you click on something or open a new
window. I know it sounds ridiculous but it is driving me insane and there is
no option to remove the sound on controlpanel/sounds. PLEASE HELP!
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:32:39 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:13:06 -0700, Glenn wrote:

> I use my pc to make sound samples which means I have to have my pc set up
> through large speakers, however, I can't seem to find out how you get rid of
> that awful 'clickick' sound when ever you click on something or open a new
> window. I know it sounds ridiculous but it is driving me insane and there is
> no option to remove the sound on controlpanel/sounds. PLEASE HELP!

Control Panel> Sounds and Audio> Sounds. Change any line items related to
"navigation" to None. If using a program that does not register its sounds
in this control panel applet, open the program and check its menus for
sound event settings and change them.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:13:06 -0700, Glenn wrote:
>
> > I use my pc to make sound samples which means I have to have my pc set up
> > through large speakers, however, I can't seem to find out how you get rid of
> > that awful 'clickick' sound when ever you click on something or open a new
> > window. I know it sounds ridiculous but it is driving me insane and there is
> > no option to remove the sound on controlpanel/sounds. PLEASE HELP!
>
> Control Panel> Sounds and Audio> Sounds. Change any line items related to
> "navigation" to None. If using a program that does not register its sounds
> in this control panel applet, open the program and check its menus for
> sound event settings and change them.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thanks very much Sharon. I feel better already :-)
September 22, 2004 6:37:14 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:47:01 -0700, Glenn wrote:

> Thanks very much Sharon. I feel better already :-)

You're welcome! It's one of the settings that I immediately change on a new
XP install. The sound gets on my nerves too. :)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

I've had that too, Glenn, and Sharon is right! Once you turn it off, your
ears stop ringing from the constant clicking! LOL

!