REPOST - HP CP1160 printer - clogged heads

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 18, 2005 5:48:29 PM

I have a HP cp1160 printer with clogged heads. The color heads didn't
get used regularly and apparently that is not a good idea. I have tried
cleaning them (very carefully) but it does not help. I would say about
70% of the jets work with each head. I could replace each head at a cost
of $40 each, but want to know if anyone has any ideas on how to clean
them. I looked into cleaning kits but I have not seen anything on the
market that mentions the cp1160 model. This was a rather expensive
printer and I hate to "dump" it if this is going to be a problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Todd
March 20, 2005 7:04:17 PM

I don't know about the CP1160 cartridges, but with all the HPs I've owned,
on the rare occasions a jet blocks and the self-cleaning routines don't
work, a 10 minute dunk of the head in 1/4" of very hot water followed by
wicking on dry tissue until the ink flows usually does the trick.

!