How to I tell the file search feature of File Explorer
*not* to search within ZIP files?

TIA, JohnH

Hi John,

You can't, unless you unregister the zip files. Problem is, then you can't
open zip files. To unregister, click start/run, type "regsvr32 /u
zipfldr.dll" (without the quotes) and click ok. To reregister, run it again
without the /u.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"John Herbster" <no-swen@no-swen.com> wrote in message
> How to I tell the file search feature of File Explorer
> *not* to search within ZIP files?
>
> TIA, JohnH

> > How to I tell the file search feature of File Explorer
> > *not* to search within ZIP files?

> You can't, unless you unregister the zip files. Problem is,
> then you can't open zip files. To unregister, click start/run,
> type "regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll" (without the quotes) and click
> ok. To reregister, run it again without the /u.

Unless you have WinZIP installed, in which case it will do
a good job of opening zip files, like it did before SP2.

Thanks for the hint about unregistering ZipFLdr.DLL
Rgds, JohnH