FS9.cfg???

I know this sounds strange, but I still can't find FS9.cfg. I wanted to
speed up the panning in VC.
I searched the entire computer for FS*.cfg and found FS2000.cfg so I know
files are not hidden.
I have a retail store copy of FS2004 and a few add-ons: Flight Deck, FSUIPC,
and some aircraft and I am using the CD to start the program. I don't have
9.1. There must be some type of .cfg for it or else it wouldn't run????
Right?

Any clues?
-Andy
15 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    >I know this sounds strange, but I still can't find FS9.cfg. I wanted to
    >speed up the panning in VC.
    >I searched the entire computer for FS*.cfg and found FS2000.cfg so I know
    >files are not hidden.
    >I have a retail store copy of FS2004 and a few add-ons: Flight Deck, FSUIPC,
    >and some aircraft and I am using the CD to start the program. I don't have
    >9.1. There must be some type of .cfg for it or else it wouldn't run????

    The path has already been given, as for your example of finding the
    fs2000.cfg file this is one is not located in a hidden folder...
    Disable the "hide system files and folders" option before searching.

    ===
    All the best!
    Katy Pluta

    "Andy L." <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I know this sounds strange, but I still can't find FS9.cfg. I wanted to
    >speed up the panning in VC.
    > I searched the entire computer for FS*.cfg and found FS2000.cfg so I know
    > files are not hidden.
    > I have a retail store copy of FS2004 and a few add-ons: Flight Deck,
    > FSUIPC, and some aircraft and I am using the CD to start the program. I
    > don't have 9.1. There must be some type of .cfg for it or else it wouldn't
    > run???? Right?
    >
    > Any clues?
    > -Andy

    Hi Andy
    try

    Documents & Settings/xxx(Your Name)/Application Data/Microsoft/FS9

    Should be there!

    Ian. Seaford, UK

    "Andy L." <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I know this sounds strange, but I still can't find FS9.cfg. I wanted to
    > speed up the panning in VC.
    > I searched the entire computer for FS*.cfg and found FS2000.cfg so I know
    > files are not hidden.
    > I have a retail store copy of FS2004 and a few add-ons: Flight Deck,
    FSUIPC,
    > and some aircraft and I am using the CD to start the program. I don't have
    > 9.1. There must be some type of .cfg for it or else it wouldn't run????
    > Right?

    If it's not in the Program Files sub-directory, (and you're uing XP) have a
    look in the "C:\Documents and Settings\**user name**\Application
    Data\Microsoft\FS9" directory.

    Si

    Simon Robbins wrote:

    >>I know this sounds strange, but I still can't find FS9.cfg. I wanted to
    >>speed up the panning in VC.
    >>I searched the entire computer for FS*.cfg and found FS2000.cfg so I know
    >>files are not hidden.
    >>I have a retail store copy of FS2004 and a few add-ons: Flight Deck,
    >
    > FSUIPC,
    >
    >>and some aircraft and I am using the CD to start the program. I don't have
    >>9.1. There must be some type of .cfg for it or else it wouldn't run????
    >>Right?

    Go to AVSIM and find this utility

    fs9cfgEd.exe

    Then just run it and tweak n tweak.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Thanks for the confirmation that it is there somewhere. I'll give it another
    try tonight.
    -Andy

    In article <I4MPe.2729$FW1.2678@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    caldex@earthlink.net says...
    > "Andy L." <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > don't have 9.1.

    You should really install the 9.1 patch. It's free, and fixes some
    serious problems in the base release.

    /Chris T

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:01:42 -0700, Chris Thomas wrote:

    > You should really install the 9.1 patch. It's free, and fixes some
    > serious problems in the base release.

    Oh? What ere these "serious problems?"
    I never installed the patch and FS9 works just fine here.

    I was under the impression that one of the issues the patch addressed was
    the increase of framerates. I flew the PMDG747 for the first time today and
    with my rinky-dink setup I still got 30 fps in spotplane view.

    It's true I've had to sacrifice some graphic settings, which means I can't
    make screenshots like Dallas does, but that's easily fixed with a newer
    model gfx-card. I don't get CTDs, blue screens or freeze ups
    To me *those* are the serious problems that have been mentioned in this
    group numerous times.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:46:37 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:01:42 -0700, Chris Thomas wrote:
    >
    >> You should really install the 9.1 patch. It's free, and fixes some
    >> serious problems in the base release.
    >
    > Oh? What ere these "serious problems?"
    > I never installed the patch and FS9 works just fine here.

    Memory leak caused by scenery not being flushed from cache. This would
    occur most often when flying VFR around the same area for awhile.

    Missing & misplaced bridges

    Lot's of other small things...

    I found fsp.cfg finally! After numerous searches, I realized that the folder
    options on seeing hidden files doesn't effect the search. Manually, I went
    right where you all said it would be. I adjusted the pan rate for VC.
    I have a slow box (P3 700, 384 meg RAM, and Rage Fury 32MB) are there any
    tweaks to speed up the load and performance or other goodies?

    "Andy L."
    > I have a slow box (P3 700, 384 meg RAM, and Rage Fury 32MB) are there any
    > tweaks to speed up the load and performance or other goodies?

    In your case you should take a look at FSAutoStart, visit AVSIM.com's File
    Library to find it.

    Dallas

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:09:24 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:

    > Memory leak caused by scenery not being flushed from cache. This would
    > occur most often when flying VFR around the same area for awhile.

    Yeah, but how would one notice that? Stutters, severe drop in fps, screen
    turning all psychedelic, yoke starts to vibrate violently....what?

    > Missing & misplaced bridges

    That's all fine for VFR flyers and stuntpilots, but I'd be much more
    impressed with an important patch like this if international airports were
    more realistic (parking spaces in the right place, gate sleeves facing the
    right way (if there are any!), *some* dynamic activity, AI helicopters,
    more realistic ATC) and maybe the major cities in the world looked like it
    was actually there and not just a pop-up card.

    Call me picky, but that's what I'd like to see fixed.

    > Lot's of other small things...

    I saw the list and I can honestly say that I'm one of the very few lucky
    bastards that has a problemfree sim. Now I might enjoy it more if I could
    max out the sliders, but that's all up to a hardware upgrade...and I might
    as well spend double what I wanted to spend in the first place so I'll be
    ready for FS10.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    Elwood: "It's a 106 miles to Chicago, we've gotta full tank of gas, a half

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:37:24 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:09:24 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:
    >
    >> Memory leak caused by scenery not being flushed from cache. This would
    >> occur most often when flying VFR around the same area for awhile.
    >
    > Yeah, but how would one notice that? Stutters, severe drop in fps, screen
    > turning all psychedelic, yoke starts to vibrate violently....what?

    The most common effect is being suddenly dropped back to the Desktop...
    Not a BSOD mind you, just FS9 *stopping* completely!

    Bill

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:23:57 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:

    > The most common effect is being suddenly dropped back to the Desktop...
    > Not a BSOD mind you, just FS9 *stopping* completely!

    Here's a question right off the "stupid shelf": if that *doesn't* happen
    with FS9.0, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? ;-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I'm leaving on a jetplane, I don't know when I'll be back again.)

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:51:20 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:23:57 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:
    >
    >> The most common effect is being suddenly dropped back to the Desktop...
    >> Not a BSOD mind you, just FS9 *stopping* completely!
    >
    > Here's a question right off the "stupid shelf": if that *doesn't* happen
    > with FS9.0, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? ;-)

    Well, I'd say that's a "good thing." The only folks likely to suffer from
    this "memory leak" are the one's who spend a great deal of time flying back
    and forth through the same, dense scenery area, such as VFR joyriders... ;)

    Bill

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:53:25 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:

    > Well, I'd say that's a "good thing." The only folks likely to suffer from
    > this "memory leak" are the one's who spend a great deal of time flying back
    > and forth through the same, dense scenery area, such as VFR joyriders... ;)

    Then I'm in the clear!
    I'm the adventurer...the global pilot...any time, any place, with any
    plane, under whatever circumstances....cargo or pax, international airports
    or lakes to land on.

    If I wanted to stay in one area I'd take actual flying lessons, get my
    licence and rent a plane every now and then.

    Well...flying a real one *IS* a lot more fun!

    Anyway...my system is stable and that's the whole point.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

Video Games