Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sipura SPA-2100 Dial Plan

Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 8:39:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247 to any 6-
digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0 to be dialled as
entered?

Thanks.
February 20, 2005 8:39:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

"The Cable Guy" <nosmap@nospam.talk21.com> wrote in message news:<xX3Sd.19385$8B3.19179@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247 to any 6-
> digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0 to be dialled as
> entered?
>
> Thanks.

This seems to be the bit you need to set up
Looks fairly normal and far simpler that the Cisco ATA

Subsequence Substitution:
A subsequence of keys (possibly empty) can be automatically replaced
with a different subsequence
using an angle bracket notation: ‘<' dialed-subsequence ‘:'
transmitted-subsequence ‘>'. So, for
example, "<8:1650>xxxxxxx" would match "85551212" and transmit
"16505551212".

so in your case it would be

( 0 xxxx xxxxxx |00 xxxxxx xxxxxx | <:01247> xxxxxx )

Or thats how it reads and how I woul expect it to work,
As the first entry says anything starting 0 with 10 digits to follow
send as dialed same for 00 but everything else dial 01247 before it.
if that doesnt substitute correctly you may have to do <2:012472>
xxxxx etc for 2 to 8

Good luck

Ian
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 9:43:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

The Cable Guy wrote:
> Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247
> to any 6- digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0
> to be dialled as entered?
>
> Thanks.

I've had a look in the user manual for my SPA-2000 which I assume would
work in the same way, but can't figure it out..! If you do find a
solution, I'll be interested as I'd like to do something similar.

Ivor
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:56:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247
||| to any 6- digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0
||| to be dialled as entered?
|||
||| Thanks.
||
|| I've had a look in the user manual for my SPA-2000 which I assume
|| would work in the same way, but can't figure it out..! If you do
|| find a solution, I'll be interested as I'd like to do something
|| similar.
||
|| Ivor

There's quite a useful forum here http://voxilla.com/ with a whole section
dedicated to Sipura users.

I'll let you know if I get to grips with it.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:24:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Ian wrote:
|| "The Cable Guy" <nosmap@nospam.talk21.com> wrote in message
|| news:<xX3Sd.19385$8B3.19179@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
||| Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247
||| to any 6-
||| digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0 to be
||| dialled as
||| entered?
|||
||| Thanks.
||
|| This seems to be the bit you need to set up
|| Looks fairly normal and far simpler that the Cisco ATA
||
|| Subsequence Substitution:
|| A subsequence of keys (possibly empty) can be automatically replaced
|| with a different subsequence
|| using an angle bracket notation: '<' dialed-subsequence ':'
|| transmitted-subsequence '>'. So, for
|| example, "<8:1650>xxxxxxx" would match "85551212" and transmit
|| "16505551212".
||
|| so in your case it would be
||
|| ( 0 xxxx xxxxxx |00 xxxxxx xxxxxx | <:01247> xxxxxx )
||
|| Or thats how it reads and how I woul expect it to work,
|| As the first entry says anything starting 0 with 10 digits to follow
|| send as dialed same for 00 but everything else dial 01247 before it.
|| if that doesnt substitute correctly you may have to do <2:012472>
|| xxxxx etc for 2 to 8
||
|| Good luck
||
|| Ian

(<:01247>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx)

The above is what I've ended up with. SO is the send now command. I've not
tested any international calls but the UK part works a treat.

Thanks for your input
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:29:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| Anyone any idea how I can write a dial plan that simply adds 01247
||| to any 6- digit number dialled but leaves numbers starting with 0
||| to be dialled as entered?
|||
||| Thanks.
||
|| I've had a look in the user manual for my SPA-2000 which I assume
|| would work in the same way, but can't figure it out..! If you do
|| find a solution, I'll be interested as I'd like to do something
|| similar.
||
|| Ivor

(<:01247>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx)

It works.

I've not tested the last 2 elements yet - USA 001[2-9} nor Rest of World
00[2-9] - local numbers I can now dial the six-digit number, the second
element allows 11 digit numbers starting 01 to 09 to be dialed. Shorter
numbers(BT's cust serv no. 0800800150) still go through but with a 3 second
delay - unless I press the # key at the end of the number when it dials
immediately.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:29:24 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

The Cable Guy wrote:

[snip]

> (<:01247>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx)
>
> It works.
>
> I've not tested the last 2 elements yet - USA 001[2-9} nor Rest of
> World 00[2-9] - local numbers I can now dial the six-digit number,
> the second element allows 11 digit numbers starting 01 to 09 to be
> dialed. Shorter numbers(BT's cust serv no. 0800800150) still go
> through but with a 3 second delay - unless I press the # key at the
> end of the number when it dials immediately.

Can you dial 7-digit SIP numbers directly..?

Ivor
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:32:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||
|| [snip]
||
|||
(<:01247>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx)
|||
||| It works.
|||
||| I've not tested the last 2 elements yet - USA 001[2-9} nor Rest of
||| World 00[2-9] - local numbers I can now dial the six-digit number,
||| the second element allows 11 digit numbers starting 01 to 09 to be
||| dialed. Shorter numbers(BT's cust serv no. 0800800150) still go
||| through but with a 3 second delay - unless I press the # key at the
||| end of the number when it dials immediately.
||
|| Can you dial 7-digit SIP numbers directly..?
||
|| Ivor

I don't know anyone with a sip number - I guess the answer with the above
plan would be "No" because as soon as the sixth digit were dialled, 01247
would be added to the beginning. I'll do some more research..........

Are you aware of any SIP test numbers I could try?
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:39:59 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Ivor Jones wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||
|| [snip]
||
|||
(<:01247>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx)
|||
||| It works.
|||
||| I've not tested the last 2 elements yet - USA 001[2-9} nor Rest of
||| World 00[2-9] - local numbers I can now dial the six-digit number,
||| the second element allows 11 digit numbers starting 01 to 09 to be
||| dialed. Shorter numbers(BT's cust serv no. 0800800150) still go
||| through but with a 3 second delay - unless I press the # key at the
||| end of the number when it dials immediately.
||
|| Can you dial 7-digit SIP numbers directly..?
||
|| Ivor

I guess |[1-9]xxxxxxS0 would allow for that - I could be completely wrong,
unless you've got a 7 digit SIP test number I could try.
!