sli 7900gt's need better air cooling...plz help

aloof

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
ive been all over newegg.com, cant find any good ones, what do you guys prefer for sli cards?
my idle temp is around 49c and around 65ish at load with stock cooler

edit: oh yeah, i am not looking to overclock,

aloof

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
zalman make vga coolers

if your not oc ing then i dont understand why you dont just use stock cooler....

Check out the Zalman VF900.

Stock coolers are loud.

yes but the thing is how much room will the VF900 take-up? will it work for 2 cards? ><

thanks guys

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
I admit the 7900GT stock cooler is a wuss.... but it seems it does the job.

yes its loud but you cant hear it over a case fan.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Personally i prefer Arctic Cooling, as it blows air out of your case.

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga1.php

I'm not sure if the NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 3) will fit 7900s though.
And space is an issue aswell, if you dont have at least one slot between your cards it could be a problem.
but you have 2 slots in between now that i look at the mobo so it should be fine.

As another person pointed out:
with aftermarket cooling, i see no reason not to overclock unless you're happy with the performance and see no need.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Im with you with the Arctic Cooling my man and I think it is better than the one from Zalman. Why? Because it exhaust the hot air out the back of the case and out, unlike Zalman that it just recycles it back inside the case. But either way both VGA coolers are the best you can buy. One thing is that this coolers are huge and needs two more slots below it so make sure you take up the dimensions. Also use Artic Silver 5 thermal paste for better cooling. :D