Axim X30 webmail site connection

November 16, 2004 1:15:14 AM

Recently purchased my first pocket pc Dell X30. Am trying to connect to one
of my email sites via its webmail connection. (POP3). Am unable to connect
using the IE connection, system seems to just hang.

I am able to connect to other sites such as Yahoo mail

Anyone have a clue to what is happening??
Tks
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 3:02:59 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:15:14 -0500, "Peter Hirschhorn"
<phirschhorn@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Recently purchased my first pocket pc Dell X30. Am trying to connect to one
>of my email sites via its webmail connection. (POP3). Am unable to connect
>using the IE connection, system seems to just hang.
>
>I am able to connect to other sites such as Yahoo mail
>
>Anyone have a clue to what is happening??

Are you trying to connect via a web-based front end, or via Inbox
(which supports POP3/IMAP)?

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

If I am understanding you correctly, I believe I am trying to connect via
web-based front end. I am not using the inbox of outlook.
I sign onto my webmail site, enter my ID and password. When I try to log on,
this is where the system is hanging.
Not sure why I can't get into the emails on this site.

When I follow the same procedure for my Yahoo webmail, I don't seem to have
this problem..

Any suggestion you have to make this work will be greatly appreciated. Was
hoping I could use this pocketPC to access my POP3 email while away from my
office. I understand I need to have access to wireless connection...

Rgd
Peter Hirschhorn

"Rob Borek [MS MVP]" <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:15:14 -0500, "Peter Hirschhorn"
> <phirschhorn@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Recently purchased my first pocket pc Dell X30. Am trying to connect to
one
> >of my email sites via its webmail connection. (POP3). Am unable to
connect
> >using the IE connection, system seems to just hang.
> >
> >I am able to connect to other sites such as Yahoo mail
> >
> >Anyone have a clue to what is happening??
>
> Are you trying to connect via a web-based front end, or via Inbox
> (which supports POP3/IMAP)?
>
> --
> Rob Borek
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
> Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
Related resources
November 16, 2004 8:58:14 PM

Likely your web mail interface uses some sort of java or activex control
that is not supported via the PPC. If its a java interface, try the
NetFront browser. You may have better luck. You can find a trial of it
online, but I don't have the url handy.

Peter Hirschhorn wrote:

> If I am understanding you correctly, I believe I am trying to connect via
> web-based front end. I am not using the inbox of outlook.
> I sign onto my webmail site, enter my ID and password. When I try to log on,
> this is where the system is hanging.
> Not sure why I can't get into the emails on this site.
>
> When I follow the same procedure for my Yahoo webmail, I don't seem to have
> this problem..
>
> Any suggestion you have to make this work will be greatly appreciated. Was
> hoping I could use this pocketPC to access my POP3 email while away from my
> office. I understand I need to have access to wireless connection...
>
> Rgd
> Peter Hirschhorn
>
> "Rob Borek [MS MVP]" <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:15:14 -0500, "Peter Hirschhorn"
>><phirschhorn@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Recently purchased my first pocket pc Dell X30. Am trying to connect to
>
> one
>
>>>of my email sites via its webmail connection. (POP3). Am unable to
>
> connect
>
>>>using the IE connection, system seems to just hang.
>>>
>>>I am able to connect to other sites such as Yahoo mail
>>>
>>>Anyone have a clue to what is happening??
>>
>>Are you trying to connect via a web-based front end, or via Inbox
>>(which supports POP3/IMAP)?
>>
>>--
>>Rob Borek
>>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
>>Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
>>Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 8:58:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke with my webmail provider and they cfmd
their interface definelty is Java.

I found the NetFront site but appears this is only for mobile phones. They
do not mention compatibility with PPC so I did not try to download.
Have searched for other browers but not finding anything that appears
suitable.

My webmail tech support suggest I see if anyway I can down load a Java
upgrade for the pocket IE. Not sure if this doable.

I just tried a 3rd webmail site I sometimes use and it also is working.
Seems only my main webmail site not able to connect. (that figures!!!)
My quest goes on..

Rgd
"shuffle" <schooledpunk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Likely your web mail interface uses some sort of java or activex control
> that is not supported via the PPC. If its a java interface, try the
> NetFront browser. You may have better luck. You can find a trial of it
> online, but I don't have the url handy.
>
> Peter Hirschhorn wrote:
>
> > If I am understanding you correctly, I believe I am trying to connect
via
> > web-based front end. I am not using the inbox of outlook.
> > I sign onto my webmail site, enter my ID and password. When I try to log
on,
> > this is where the system is hanging.
> > Not sure why I can't get into the emails on this site.
> >
> > When I follow the same procedure for my Yahoo webmail, I don't seem to
have
> > this problem..
> >
> > Any suggestion you have to make this work will be greatly appreciated.
Was
> > hoping I could use this pocketPC to access my POP3 email while away from
my
> > office. I understand I need to have access to wireless connection...
> >
> > Rgd
> > Peter Hirschhorn
> >
> > "Rob Borek [MS MVP]" <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > one

> > connect

> >>Are you trying to connect via a web-based front end, or via Inbox
> >>(which supports POP3/IMAP)?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Rob Borek
> >>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> >>Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
> >>Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 8:58:16 PM

There is a Netfront version specifically for the PPC. I run it for just such
issues. You should have the ability to attach to your POP3 account via the
Inbox application on your PPC and avoid all that WEB hoohah. It sets up much
like setting it up in Outlook, entering the server names, username,
password, etc. The PPC Inbox also defaults to leaving mail on the server
when it downloads so you needn't worry about the mail being stuck on the
X30. It is possible to delete the mail on the server but it is a two step
process and so won't be done accidentally.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
news:o D8YuVBzEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!