paul_baker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
i dont understand where my problem is and it drives me crazy because i think at what i had and it played games better than what i got.

here is my problem.
when i play games like call of duty 2 or need for speed most wanted i get a delay from the time i use a key to the time it shows the action on the screen. my setup is asus a8n-e mobo with a 3700+ 512 corsair memory bfg 7300gs pcie video and the hard drive is a sata drive the display i use is a proview 19in wide lcd display

darth_farter

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2004
basically the problems you have:

-too little ram, 512MB is just enough for windows xp and maybe solitaire.

-your ram is most likely running at pc2700 or even less if you don't state the speeds and bought the machine from a generic store...

-your graphics card lacks the horsepower to show 3d in all it's glory, though this depends on the game's quality settings.

-check your windows taskmanager for spyware or an abundaance of unnecessary update processes.

-do a defragment on the game and windows harddrives.

please run cpuz from www.cpuid.com and post the info on your cpu, mainboard, spd and and memory tab and also post how many processes you have running in the taskmanager.

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Weak video card and ram or it could be that your pre-render is set to high but that would be unlikely unless you have changed any display settings.

linux_0

Splendid
i dont understand where my problem is and it drives me crazy because i think at what i had and it played games better than what i got.

here is my problem.
when i play games like call of duty 2 or need for speed most wanted i get a delay from the time i use a key to the time it shows the action on the screen. my setup is asus a8n-e mobo with a 3700+ 512 corsair memory bfg 7300gs pcie video and the hard drive is a sata drive the display i use is a proview 19in wide lcd display

Indeed.

As others have said your 7300GS is not very fast and 512MB RAM is no where near enough for Call of Duty2.

You need at least a 7600GT or 7900GT and 1-2GB RAM.

Good Luck :-D

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
As stated above, your computer really isn't appropriate for modern gaming. It lacks powerful enough hardware. More RAM and a faster video card would help. Also, if you turn the settings down most or all of the way most games should still run decently on that hardware... but they'll also look pretty bad.

-mcg

paul_baker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
opps sorry i ment to put 2 x 512 a total of 1 gig.

if my video card is to crapy to support the games why did my computer that was a 2500+ with a bfg geforce 5600 same ram and everything just different mobo and video card run the games better at the same settings.

my son has a e machine that is only a athlon xp 2400 with 512 ram and i put the 5600 video card in it and it runs some games better than my system.

so are is the 7300 worse than the 5600?

also i only notice the lag on those 2 games

linux_0

Splendid
opps sorry i ment to put 2 x 512 a total of 1 gig.

if my video card is to crapy to support the games why did my computer that was a 2500+ with a bfg geforce 5600 same ram and everything just different mobo and video card run the games better at the same settings.

my son has a e machine that is only a athlon xp 2400 with 512 ram and i put the 5600 video card in it and it runs some games better than my system.

so are is the 7300 worse than the 5600?

also i only notice the lag on those 2 games

What kind of RAM do you have?

You can run CPU-Z to find out http://www.cpuid.com/

The 7300 is the lowest card in the 7xxx series.

You could run SPEC ViewPerf on your machines to find out how they compare.

http://www.spec.org/gpc/downloadindex.html

paul_baker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
my ram is corsair and the problem is not a frame rate issue as the lag is when you are controling the object wether it is teh car or the person but all else runs smoothly.

is there a way to get the frame rate in nfs most wanted.

Czarles

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
Maybe, try mixing up the variables...

Keyboard and monitor are what I"m thinking right now...

That is all I am thinking.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
oh no not the wireless keyboard and mouse they are nothing but trouble id get wired ones tbh much better and they wont disconnect and need batteries ever 5mins

linux_0

Splendid
thanks for the link to that site would you happen to know of a alternate download site as i cant get over 8kbs download

Sorry that the only site that I know of.

You might want to try after hours.

Also I agree with fowang, please try a wired keyboard and mouse with your PC and see if that helps.

Good luck :-D