gearsec error after installing XP SP2

After start up I keep getting the gearsec error after
installing SP2.
Reverting to SP1 and the problem goes away...
Any help please.
1 answer Last reply
More about gearsec error installing

    do you have dvd x copy, itunes or power quest drive image installed? if so,
    then it is likely that one of these programs is the problem. try updating
    these programs. remember that xp sp2 is one of the most drastic updates ms
    has released for any product it has ever made and, because of this, there is
    a high rate of application-breakage. however, any good software company
    should have updates for thier products that work with sp2.

    Dan DeStefano

    "JohnR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After start up I keep getting the gearsec error after
    > installing SP2.
    > Reverting to SP1 and the problem goes away...
    > Any help please.

Microsoft Windows XP