ScottyHutch

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
I'm trying to decide between the 2 motherboards. Does anyone have any comments as to which is the better motherboard in terms of performance and noise. The Aibt seems to be more expensive, but that's not a major concern if it can be justified.

Thanks.

sex_monkey

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
i have an asus a8n-e rev2
i can tell you the chipset fan is louder than any of the fans in my case but it isnt that loud
also i have found that there is a bug that means you cannot use a 1T command rate on the memory,this is bad for amd 64 as the differrence from 1T to 2T is quite large.to see what i mean click here http://www.bleedinedge.com/reviews/memory/corsair_twinx4400c25/corsair_twinx4400c25_04.html this is the ram i am using at the moment.
as for overclocking concerns i have just got my 3800+ (not x2) to 2.7 ghz
you can put 1.550v in vcore and lots in the memory. the bios is easy to use.not sure theres much else i can say
hope that helps

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
The last motherboard I had was the Abit NF8, and thought it was decent, but I think I would favor ASUS at this point.

All of my friends have told me to go with ASUS the last few years, and finally I bought the A8N-SLI Deluxe, which I don't regret a single day having. ASUS is known for unmatched stability plus awesome features included with mobos... sweet.

Personally, I like the BIOS that Abit (DFI, many others uses) over the one ASUS picked, but it still gets the job done.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
I've been running an AN8 Ultra for nearly a year now & it's been a terrific board. Very stable, quiet with no worries about chipset fans & it overclocks well.
The main problem that you will have is finding 1 these days.