fs2002, fs2004 or fs2006?

Last response: in Video Games
August 26, 2005 11:20:02 PM

Hi
I used to mess around a lot with fs2000 and then on to fs2002.
Since then having moved house and broadband for big downloads I've
been thinking of getting back into flightsimming.
Should I load my old copy of fs2002 onto my new pc? Or buy 2004? Or
hang around and wait until fs2006 (if there's any news of an impending
release)???
Cheers

More about : fs2002 fs2004 fs2006

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 2:28:42 AM

If I were you I'd get (instant) satisfaction and buy myself fs2k4.
It's always fun to learn the new stuff, right now it is reasonably priced
($25 at amazon.com) and there is no word on fs2k6 yet.

Of course it can depend on the computer you have. fs2k4 needs a bit more
power than fs2k2, but you can adjust the eye candy slides. I run it with an
amd 2800 and 1Gig with medium sliders on 20 fps.

Happy flying

Gerard
August 27, 2005 2:28:43 AM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:28:42 +0200, "Gerard Verhoef"
<Gerard_Verhoef@Hotmail.com> brought the following to our attention:

>If I were you I'd get (instant) satisfaction and buy myself fs2k4.
>It's always fun to learn the new stuff, right now it is reasonably priced
>($25 at amazon.com) and there is no word on fs2k6 yet.
>
>Of course it can depend on the computer you have. fs2k4 needs a bit more
>power than fs2k2, but you can adjust the eye candy slides. I run it with an
>amd 2800 and 1Gig with medium sliders on 20 fps.
>
>Happy flying
>
>Gerard

yep.. install FS2002.. and pick up FS2004 for $20-odd bucks at the
techie store and install that too. Then see which you run the most!!

-g
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 27, 2005 8:34:51 AM

"Walt Disney"
> Should I load my old copy of fs2002 onto my new pc?

What's your new PC's specs?

Dallas
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 5:59:08 PM

In article <7oqug1lptlcb2hfoop954ets76mee5obid@4ax.com>, blah@blah.com
says...
> Hi
> I used to mess around a lot with fs2000 and then on to fs2002.
> Since then having moved house and broadband for big downloads I've
> been thinking of getting back into flightsimming.
> Should I load my old copy of fs2002 onto my new pc? Or buy 2004? Or
> hang around and wait until fs2006 (if there's any news of an impending
> release)???
> Cheers

2004. Why use an inferior product when 2004 is like $25 now? And most
new addons are 2004 specific.

John Black
!