Possible to set HP LJ4M+ to automatically print 4 sheet pe..

tE

I don't know if this is possible, or even in the right area? I'm trying to
setup Textpad pro (or any other program) to automatically print text
documents on my HP Laserjet 4m+ in 4 sheets per page mode, without me having
to manually set it that way before each print?

(remove -NOSPAM- to send email reply)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:34:46 -0600, in comp.periphs.printers "Te"
<te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote:

>I don't know if this is possible, or even in the right area? I'm trying to
>setup Textpad pro (or any other program) to automatically print text
>documents on my HP Laserjet 4m+ in 4 sheets per page mode, without me having
>to manually set it that way before each print?

Set the default printer properties to this?
Start => Settings => Printers
Right click on the appropriate printer and choose Printing Preferences. Set
the appropriate driver settings to do n-up.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

> Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote:

> Set the default printer properties to this
> Start => Settings => Printers
> Right click on the appropriate printer and choose
> Printing Preferences. Set the appropriate driver settings to do n-up.

Presuming that we are talking about Windows (which is
likely the case, but ya never know).

The exact drill-down in the setup menus varies a bit
depending on whether you are using the PCL driver,
or a PostScript driver, and if PS, whose driver (MS,
Adobe, or HP [on a really old Windows]).

You can create multiple "printers" in either PCL or
PS mode, and set each to different preference defaults.
Create one and name it "4up".