Possible to set HP LJ4M+ to automatically print 4 sheet pe..

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 18, 2005 8:34:46 PM

I don't know if this is possible, or even in the right area? I'm trying to
setup Textpad pro (or any other program) to automatically print text
documents on my HP Laserjet 4m+ in 4 sheets per page mode, without me having
to manually set it that way before each print?

(remove -NOSPAM- to send email reply)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

More about : set lj4m automatically print sheet

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 18, 2005 10:01:43 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:34:46 -0600, in comp.periphs.printers "Te"
<te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote:

>I don't know if this is possible, or even in the right area? I'm trying to
>setup Textpad pro (or any other program) to automatically print text
>documents on my HP Laserjet 4m+ in 4 sheets per page mode, without me having
>to manually set it that way before each print?

Set the default printer properties to this?
Start => Settings => Printers
Right click on the appropriate printer and choose Printing Preferences. Set
the appropriate driver settings to do n-up.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 18, 2005 10:02:10 PM

> Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote:

> Set the default printer properties to this
> Start => Settings => Printers
> Right click on the appropriate printer and choose
> Printing Preferences. Set the appropriate driver settings to do n-up.

Presuming that we are talking about Windows (which is
likely the case, but ya never know).

The exact drill-down in the setup menus varies a bit
depending on whether you are using the PCL driver,
or a PostScript driver, and if PS, whose driver (MS,
Adobe, or HP [on a really old Windows]).

You can create multiple "printers" in either PCL or
PS mode, and set each to different preference defaults.
Create one and name it "4up".