Newsgroups on your PPC?

November 16, 2004 7:24:35 AM

Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?

I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...

I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

More about : newsgroups ppc

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 7:24:36 AM

Qusnetsoft NewsReader is a great program for viewing and replying to
newsgroups on your PPC.

It won PocketPC Magazines best Newsreader award for 2004.

"finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>
> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>
> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 7:39:21 AM

I use Ink Spot on my iPAQ 5555 wirelessly...

http://www.dejavusoftware.com/inkce/index.html

....or as noted by RD100 some folks like the free Qusnetsoft program...

http://www.qusnetsoft.ru/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:7ifmd.1026$YP3.382287@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>
> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>
> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

Related resources
November 16, 2004 11:39:57 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:24:35 GMT, finndo wrote:

> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>
> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>
> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

Hey! I missed the names of the app, could you poste them again? TIA

Me
--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out

"finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>
> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>
> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 6:59:48 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:39:57 -0500, Me <spamsome1@else.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:24:35 GMT, finndo wrote:
>
>> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>>
>> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>>
>> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624
>
>Hey! I missed the names of the app, could you poste them again? TIA
>
>Me

Learn how to use Google news search, then pick the 'Original thread'
link :

http://www.google.com/groups?safe=images&as_umsgid=7ifm...
November 17, 2004 1:23:26 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:59:48 GMT, Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:

> Learn how to use Google news search, then pick the 'Original thread'
> link :
>
> http://www.google.com/groups?safe=images&as_umsgid=7ifm...

Thanks Neil, if you have posted the answers I have never learned hoe to get
the original thread, so, thanks dude.......

Me

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 12:21:59 PM

Does any of the suggested readers allow to download the message body of
last few days only. I only want to read recent messages (offline) and
don't want it to download all available messages on server after I haven't
visited a group for long time.

thanks
Phuoc Can HUA

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:24:35 GMT, finndo <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone know a good program, or if there is one?
>
> I would really appreciate a point in the right direction...
>
> I have a wireless network at home and an Axim X30 624

--
_/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\_
www.huaonline.com

Reply to message from Phuoc <home.getrid@this.huaonline.com> (Wed, 17 Nov
2004 00:21:59) about "Re: Newsgroups on your PPC?":

P> Does any of the suggested readers allow to download the message body of
P> last few days only. I only want to read recent messages (offline) and
P> don't want it to download all available messages on server after I
P> haven't visited a group for long time.

qusnetsoft's reader does that indirectly. When you haven't used it for a
while it will download all messages still on the server since your last
download (it keeps track of that date). Then if you press synchronize in
qusnetsoft again it will delete all messages older than xx days
(configurable) and present you only the recent ones.

There is a small but sad flaw in this newsreader though. If the message
header is on the server but the body isn't (anymore because it was
recognized as mass spam and removed) then qusnetsoft crashes. After that
crash often qusnetsoft doesn't synchronize anymore it gives a 'unable to
open group database' error. The only solution I know is to un- and then re
subscribe to all newsgroups.

Bye
Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:24:44 +0200

November 23, 2004 1:29:30 AM

Reply to message from Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:41:39)
about "Re: Newsgroups on your PPC?":

> There is a small but sad flaw in this newsreader though. If the message
> header is on the server but the body isn't (anymore because it was
> recognized as mass spam and removed) then qusnetsoft crashes. After that
> crash often qusnetsoft doesn't synchronize anymore it gives a 'unable to
> open group database' error. The only solution I know is to un- and then
> re subscribe to all newsgroups.

reader never crashing with empty message body but was some other reasons.
mutch of these fixed in 3.0. also in last build of 3.0 implemented restore
after crashes during synch

> Bye
> Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> Mon, 22 Nov
> 2004 09:24:44 +0200

> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.
> 0.8

Bye
Rick Murray

November 23, 2004 1:37:29 AM

Reply to message from Rick Murray <murray@74mail.ru> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:
29:30) about "Re: Newsgroups on your PPC?":

RM> Reply to message from Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> (Mon, 22 Nov
RM> 2004 13:41:39) about "Re: Newsgroups on your PPC?":

>> There is a small but sad flaw in this newsreader though. If the message
>> header is on the server but the body isn't (anymore because it was
>> recognized as mass spam and removed) then qusnetsoft crashes. After
>> that crash often qusnetsoft doesn't synchronize anymore it gives a
>> 'unable to open group database' error. The only solution I know is to
>> un- and then re subscribe to all newsgroups.

RM> reader never crashing with empty message body but was some other
RM> reasons. mutch of these fixed in 3.0. also in last build of 3.0
RM> implemented restore after crashes during synch

>> Bye
>> Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> Mon, 22 Nov
>> 2004 09:24:44 +0200

>> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.
>> 0.8

If it is fixed in a newer version then it might be worth to try it. It's a
great program exactly what you need, but I am curious what really causes
the crashes. I also noticed that the reader sometimes can't read the local
data files of a newsgroup anymore, it disappears from the list then.
Manually deleting those files and subscribe again to the newsgroup solves
that. You have had _no_ crashes at all?

Bye
Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:20:07 +0200

November 23, 2004 1:37:30 AM

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:37:29 +0200, Marcel wrote:

> If it is fixed in a newer version then it might be worth to try it. It's a
> great program exactly what you need, but I am curious what really causes
> the crashes. I also noticed that the reader sometimes can't read the local
> data files of a newsgroup anymore, it disappears from the list then.
> Manually deleting those files and subscribe again to the newsgroup solves
> that. You have had _no_ crashes at all?
>
> Bye
> Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:20:07 +0200
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

I downloaded the version 2.2.0.8 and it did the same, crashes and errors, is
there a similar utility/app, out there or we are talking this is just the
only one out, with the most current actualization?

Me
--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 3:24:29 PM

Reply to message from Marcel <marcel@nospam.nl> (Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:37:29)
about ""Re: Newsgroups on your PPC?"":

M> If it is fixed in a newer version then it might be worth to try it.
M> It's a great program exactly what you need, but I am curious what
M> really causes the crashes. I also noticed that the reader sometimes
M> can't read the local data files of a newsgroup anymore, it disappears
M> from the list then. Manually deleting those files and subscribe again
M> to the newsgroup solves that. You have had _no_ crashes at all?

I don't says that reader never crash. I just says that reader processed
articles with empty bodies correctly . errors may occurred with other
causes. I rebuilt database engine in 3.1 version so must less intensive
works with memory. so new version must be faster and more stabile.

Bye
Rick Murray

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 Unregistered
!