Which company manufactures the most durable GeForce cards?

Which company manufactures the most durable GeForce cards?

• Evga

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • XFX

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Nvidia

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Forsa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GigaByte

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Chaintech

• Asus

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • PNY

• BFG tech

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Inno3d

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

koga

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2002
Which company manufactures the most durable GeForce cards? Please only vote for a company you have used and know makes a good card, that lasts long time.

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
The guy at the shop where I get my parts told me Leadtek was the oldest board makers and the closest partner with nvidia. I got a leadtek 7600gt and I am pretty happy with it.

leorick

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
ok, let me share my experience. I actually own a handfull of Inno3D cards here. And its the most consumer accepted brand here in the Philippines. In terms of reliability, its ok. The oldest Inno3D card i have is a 16MB PCI S3 Savage Pro and it was named InnoVision back then before they switched to Inno3D. I also got a bunch of Inno3D GF2, GF2 MX, GF4, GF4 MX and a couple of FX5200. I only encountered problems with their GF2 lineup, but so far the rest are ok. Updated drivers can be downloaded easily from their website. In terms of performance, they could be slower by a bit due to the use of inferior memory chips and slower memory busses.

But if i had more financial resources, i'd settle with ASUS. In terms of reliability and performance, they'd be on top. Although their website, most specially the driver section could use a little bit of a make over. :lol:

m0rTu

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
well I had until today
1 Leadtek MX440
1 Leadtek FX5500
1 ASUS 6800GT 450/1200
1 ASUS 7900GT...in my specs...

and I would settle with asus beacouse they are reliable...and more important...never had a problem with the boards at those speeds...and leadtek make only budget cards...max is about 150-170 $...

ussra2

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I would have to say its up between Asus, BFG, XFX, and eVga. BFG and eVga are american companies and generally they have really good support and people you can understand on the phone. BFG also offers a lifetime warranty, and quick RMA's. XFX which I have a 7600GT from them and I'm happy with it, besides they offer a double lifetime warranty. So if you sell your card or give your card to a friend, they are covered under the warranty too, they just have to register you're card they have recieved with XFX on their website. Pretty good deal and its a lifetime warrenty. Evga just upgraded their warranty to lifetime and it pissed me off becuase I had bought an older eVga 6800, but they excluded the older customers from that lifetime warranty.

So they all offer a lifetime warrenty and really great graphics cards as well. Of course they all only offer Nvidia solutions, they are great at it. Only XFX offers the double lifetime warranty.

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
In my opinion all Gfx card manufaturers skimp on fans, and I cant remember the last time I bought a card that didnt have the fan die within a year.

I do leave my computer on 24-7 but even so, none of my other fans die.

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Up to now, I have mostly used Asus cards but as you can see by my pc specs below, I now have a Gainward card.

I've had no problems at all with the quality of the Gainward card and would recommend them to anyone.

I think each person has their own experiences and stories to tell from each manufacturer so I feel the poll to be completely pointless. Just look at the warranties and the price my friend and then buy it. If it dies, get a replacement.

Sometimes where you buy the product from is the biggest concern. I know that if my card was to die my local shop would replace it straight away and then ask questions later rather than the other way round!

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I don't like Leadtek as much as Evga or BFG; the last card I had from them had horrible memory. It was a 6800GT and the memory couldn't get above 1.08GHz without artifacting, where my Evga 6800GT hit 1.18 without problems.

m0rTu

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
true...that's why some of them come oc'ed from factory...they might volt mod them...and put a bigger fan... :roll:

ussra2

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Its not only about overclockablility, or durability, its als about the warranty. Go with companies that offer a great warranty. If you are in the US, then go with BFG or eVga or even XFX, and you will have a little faster RMA's if problems arise.

koga

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2002
In my opinion all Gfx card manufaturers skimp on fans, and I cant remember the last time I bought a card that didnt have the fan die within a year.

I do leave my computer on 24-7 but even so, none of my other fans die.

this basically hit on my definition of durable. Not as in I'm going to throw the card in the back of my truck and go four wheeling but durable as in how long it wil last at spec without breaking, or parts wearing out. I had a PNY that had it's fan go out after about a year, that didn't seem reasonable.

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
for my experienc i would say ASUS i still have my TI4200 Video suite up and running and goes great never had graphic relatet probs and the card goes 4/5 years behind and never broke down neither the fan or nothing, i started using it at my p3 at 533mhz and i could play NFS underground soo pretty cool, and i installed a graphics from them from various ranges starting on FX5200 and ending it on GF6800 and they all went nice and never had any type of problem. so pretty cool brand very relliable

My last three cards have all been Leadtek. I've had really good luck with them. I leave my computers on 24/7 and have never lost a fan. In fact, I still have an old P4-2Ghz that has a leadtek GeF3 Ti 200 card in it that my son uses. It's been running 24/7 since 2001.