Navdata

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Hi....
I've been out of the country for a month or so. On my return I tried to
update my AIRAC using Navdata (http://www.navdata.at)
I keep getting a cannot find server error. Does anyone know if the
server is down or is it my 'pute?

Regards,

Pete

GREGORY

On 26 Aug 2005 13:27:06 -0700, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi....
>I've been out of the country for a month or so. On my return I tried to
>update my AIRAC using Navdata (http://www.navdata.at)
>I keep getting a cannot find server error. Does anyone know if the
>server is down or is it my 'pute?
>
>Regards,
>
>Pete

Thanks for reminding.. just got 508.
Seems to require two downloads
because the first attempt fails after
only 100 or 200kB. Was like that
before in May also.

-g

Pete

Just tried and its working fine for me.

Regards

Geoff

"Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi....
> I've been out of the country for a month or so. On my return I tried to
> update my AIRAC using Navdata (http://www.navdata.at)
> I keep getting a cannot find server error. Does anyone know if the
> server is down or is it my 'pute?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I still can't access it from my machine......I have got a firewall on
but that hasn't stopped me accessing the site before...Any ideas?

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Hi Greg...
I did as you told me only I had to type C:\tracert www.navdata.at
When I did this it did 19 hops and said TRACE COMPLETE.
It gave me lots of techo info such as times in ms etc
Please forgive my ignorance...What do I do now??

Thanx

Pete

GREGORY

On 27 Aug 2005 07:41:00 -0700, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>I still can't access it from my machine......I have got a firewall on
>but that hasn't stopped me accessing the site before...Any ideas?

open a CMD window and do this:

C:\WINNT>tracert www.navdata.at

that's `tracert'.. as in "Trace Rt" (Route)... from here it's 23 hops.

-g

GREGORY

On 27 Aug 2005 08:51:45 -0700, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Greg...
>I did as you told me only I had to type C:\tracert www.navdata.at
>When I did this it did 19 hops and said TRACE COMPLETE.
>It gave me lots of techo info such as times in ms etc
>Please forgive my ignorance...What do I do now??
>
>Thanx
>
>Pete

oh.. well that means [at least] you can reach navdata.at -- and
the ping times are displayed in ms (milliseconds). It displays the
hostname of each node (switch or router) along the way.

what to do now? best to look at your local security properties.

-g

p.s. cannot reach navdata now.. browser says:

Network Error - Unable to read URL from host www.navdata.at

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Thanx Guys....

Obviously the problem is "my end"..
I'll have a look to see if any firewalls are responsible...
It really is frustrating as I would like the latest AIRAC !!

Pete

Gregory wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2005 08:51:45 -0700, "Pete" <piperwarrior5@hotmail.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>Hi Greg...
>>I did as you told me only I had to type C:\tracert www.navdata.at
>>When I did this it did 19 hops and said TRACE COMPLETE.
>>It gave me lots of techo info such as times in ms etc
>>Please forgive my ignorance...What do I do now??
>>
>>Thanx
>>
>>Pete
>

> oh.. well that means [at least] you can reach navdata.at -- and
> the ping times are displayed in ms (milliseconds). It displays the
> hostname of each node (switch or router) along the way.
>
> what to do now? best to look at your local security properties.
>

> -g
>

> p.s. cannot reach navdata now.. browser says:
>
> Network Error - Unable to read URL from host www.navdata.at

Just logged into WWW.NAVDATA.AT with no problems.

Harry

Pete wrote:
> Thanx Guys....
>
> Obviously the problem is "my end"..
> I'll have a look to see if any firewalls are responsible...
> It really is frustrating as I would like the latest AIRAC !!
>
> Pete

Try leaving out (or adding in) the "www".

As in -
http://www.navdata.at/

vs

http://navdata.at/

That sometimes keeps me from accessing some sites.

Lump