2 MONITOR SETUP? ANY SCREEN SHOTS OF THIS SETUP?

shockwave1831

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I was considering getting another monitor to use my dual monitor
setting. i just don't understand how the desktop would appear on 2 monitors. a screen shot would help.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
I was considering getting another monitor to use my dual monitor
setting. i just don't understand how the desktop would appear on 2 monitors. a screen shot would help.

just plug it in and your videocard will detect it and u can config from there

its really easy ...

i would fiddle around with it to get what u want

untitled6ll.jpg

this is with a nvidia card :wink:

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
This is a pic I found on the internet. I am currently running a crt and lcd together at work. Just like the photo, one monitor contains the start bar while the other just acts as a "spill over" screen. You can drag a window size to make a window take up both screens. However, when you full size a window, it will only fully take up 1 screen, depending on which screen it's mostly in. For mine, I like to have a second set of shortcuts on the other monitor, to avoid having to move the mouse all the way over to one screen each time, as in the example. Overall, I REALLY like dual monitors. If you have the means, and the desktop space, it is really worth it.

dual-2005fpw-01.jpg

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
It's worth it, it just looks like one big desktop. Make sure you get ultramon.

Just plug it into both ports on your video card, or buy another PCI-E or PCI video card and plug your second monitor into that.

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Dual monitors are nice. Lots of desktop space. Unfortunately, during normal daily use they can cause some strange problems related to window positioning (maybe thats just an issue with my card...) But if you like to multi-task, especially if you want some sort of video/tv going on at the same time as anything BESIDES games, it is almost indispensible, not to mention all your friends will ooh and aaah when they see it.

For gaming, unless you have a much more powerful videocard than mine (FX5200) it'll be pointless. If you want to game with multiple monitors, I recommend only odd numbers of screens (1, 3, 5, etc) and only with latest generation videocards. That way you can see down your nose a bit better without the big space between the monitors and still get marginally acceptable framerates.

acfou

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
sorry, left out the link to the instructions, with screenshots of what to do in DisplayProperties

http://www.instructables.com/id/EXLOGYUZR9EUMVDT56/

TRENDING THREADS