Real compass or 3 digits heading interface

jean

Where can I find a standby compass that will work with fs2004 heading.

Or where ca I find a heading interface module that will drive 3 digits ?

Jean

dallas

"jean"
> Where can I find a standby compass that will work with fs2004 heading.

What do you mean by "standby compass"?

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> "jean"
>
>>Where can I find a standby compass that will work with fs2004 heading.
>

> What do you mean by "standby compass"?
>
> Dallas

That's what the liquid filled compass in the aircraft is called. I just
looked at the OH58D checklist and it's just a "Magnetic Compass" on that
run-up checklist.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

> That's what the liquid filled compass in the aircraft is called. I
> just looked at the OH58D checklist and it's just a "Magnetic Compass"
> on that run-up checklist.

Yeah, give me a magnetic compass any day, as long as you don't put your
headset or portable GPS down by the side of it, and you know what the local
magnetic variation is! Talking of New Zealand, it is around 17 degrees there
so you can go really wrong if you forget it. Nevertheless, I prefer to trust
my magnetic standby over any other new fangled stuff :)

--
Sincerely,
Quilljar

GREGORY

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:56:57 -0400, "jean" <jyt@sympatico.ca> brought
the following to our attention:

>Where can I find a standby compass that will work with fs2004 heading.
>
>Or where ca I find a heading interface module that will drive 3 digits ?
>
>Jean

What do you mean by `heading interface module'.. ?

There's a gauge "kk_indicators" that can read out a number of FS
parameters in tiny rectangular display windows or `ports' (see 60x30
pix in this case). Here's a view of kk when opened in FS Panel showing
available functions:

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/KK_ind.gif

These littl' gems come in handy to paste on the panel.. or even on-top
of analog gauges to read out the data more accurately!!

-G

crash

jean wrote:
> Where can I find a standby compass that will work with fs2004 heading.
>
> Or where ca I find a heading interface module that will drive 3
> digits ?
> Jean

Probably not what you mean, but the GPS gives your heading in 3 digits......

dallas

"boB"
> > What do you mean by "standby compass"?
> That's what the liquid filled compass in the aircraft is called.

No, I call that the compass. The thing on the panel I call the Heading
Indicator.

Na nannie na na...

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:

> Na nannie na na...

I bet you were the kind in third grade, when grading your classmates
spelling test, would tell teacher "CRaSH crossed both his "T's" with one
line, does that count???" "Hmmmmm???" [pious look given to side]....
d:->))

jean

Ok !

The heading information comes from a magnetic flux valve located normally
each side of the wings , then feed to an amplifier that drives a
directionnal gyro that can be use with a selector switch to select slave or
free gyro.

1- All I want is the heading information out of fs2004.

2- What can be use to extrac or read the heading information.

3- After, I will take that information and drive a 3 digit readout display.
That's all

So is there any serious guy that can answer ?
tks !

jean

z83Qe.1128$4P5.850@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:17:12 -0400, jean wrote:

> 1- All I want is the heading information out of fs2004.
>
> 2- What can be use to extrac or read the heading information.
>
> 3- After, I will take that information and drive a 3 digit readout display.
> That's all

Are you wanting to drive an EXTERNAL device, such as an LCD display? Or
are you wanting to build a gauge display to use on the panel?

Before diving into details it would help to be clear on this question...

Bill

Go to the MSFS web site and download the Panel SDK. You will probably find
what you are looking for in there...

"jean" <jyt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Ok !
>
> The heading information comes from a magnetic flux valve located normally
> each side of the wings , then feed to an amplifier that drives a
> directionnal gyro that can be use with a selector switch to select slave
or
> free gyro.
>
> 1- All I want is the heading information out of fs2004.
>
> 2- What can be use to extrac or read the heading information.
>
> 3- After, I will take that information and drive a 3 digit readout
display.
> That's all
>

> So is there any serious guy that can answer ?
> tks !
>
> jean
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> a écrit dans le message de
> z83Qe.1128$4P5.850@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> >
> > "boB"
> >> That's what the liquid filled compass in the aircraft is called.
> >
> > No, I call that the compass. The thing on the panel I call the Heading
> > Indicator.
> >
> > Na nannie na na...
> >

> > Dallas

Dallas 1, boB yet to score (but he's distracted at the moment)....:)

JW

> "boB"
>> > What do you mean by "standby compass"?
>> That's what the liquid filled compass in the aircraft is called.
>
> No, I call that the compass. The thing on the panel I call the Heading
> Indicator.
>
> Na nannie na na...
>

> Dallas

jean

Hi Bill!

I want to drive an LCD display with the heading signal coming out of fs9

jean

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
m2a8rpikh3cm$.1dt4083hdeyiz$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:17:12 -0400, jean wrote:
>
>> 1- All I want is the heading information out of fs2004.
>>
>> 2- What can be use to extrac or read the heading information.
>>
>> 3- After, I will take that information and drive a 3 digit readout
>> display.
>> That's all
>
> Are you wanting to drive an EXTERNAL device, such as an LCD display? Or
> are you wanting to build a gauge display to use on the panel?
>
> Before diving into details it would help to be clear on this question...
>
> Bill

jean

Tks Bill !

I'll check

jean

iy5Qe.3363$eQ.395@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:37:53 -0400, jean wrote:

> Hi Bill!
>
> I want to drive an LCD display with the heading signal coming out of fs9

In that case, you'll need to use the FSUIPC interface and write a small
..dll to fetch the data and send it to a COM or USB port.

http://schiratti.com/dowson.html

FSUIPC SDK:
http://schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUIPC_SDK.zip

FSUIPC:
http://schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUIPC.zip?timestamp=180204

Also, the information on PF, Epic and GoFlight may be useful for your
research.

Bill

crash

Bill Leaming wrote:

> Please READ and UNDERSTAND the question asked... ;)

<=== "VERY SERIOUS GUY" <G>

Welcome back Bill!!!

> Hi Bill!
>
> I want to drive an LCD display with the heading signal coming out of fs9

I'd love to do something similar. I want to build a JetRanger cockpit.
Unfortunately I think buying all the custom guages will be prohibitively
expensive. I like the look of this idea:
http://www.simcontrol.co.uk/dhfs%20page.htm

They've built a mock panel and have a screen sitting behind it, so the
guages show through the holes.

Si

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:59:19 -0400, Beech45Whiskey wrote:

>> Geez - I ain't gonna buy no Cirrus from no grouch ;-(
>
> Amazing, isn't it? The guy is back only one day and already he slips into
> his curmudgeonly posting style.

Why should a several week absence change a life-long character trait? :)

Hi Bill,

ROTFL!

"curmudgeonly"

That word, along with "Quilling", just HAS to go into the n/g's Hall of
Fame! :))

BTW, thanks to Dallas for coining the term "Quilling" - I guess it won't
make the dictionaries, but, strewth, how close can you come?

Regards,
John Ward

John Ward wrote:

> "curmudgeonly"

But this one IS in the dictionary...

We'll have to wait for the panel of xspurts to vote "Quilling" into the next
edition..

GREGORY

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:14:15 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Bill,
>
> ROTFL!
>
> "curmudgeonly"
>
> That word, along with "Quilling", just HAS to go into the n/g's Hall of Fame! :))

Had to use the handy M-W toolbar plugin (and context menu functions)
to look that one up!! http://www.m-w.com/downloads.htm

-g