ipaq 36xx battery replacement

November 16, 2004 8:13:53 AM

I have bought two batteries for an iPAQ 3670. On both, the circuit
board extends below the connector and make it almost impossible to
snap into the ipaq. Are there any modifications that can be done to
make it fit better?
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 2:55:27 PM

In news:10pjo7slo542lee@corp.supernews.com,
itsme <itsme> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
> I have bought two batteries for an iPAQ 3670. On both, the circuit
> board extends below the connector and make it almost impossible to
> snap into the ipaq. Are there any modifications that can be done to
> make it fit better?

are you sure you have been upplied with the correct batteries?

Theres a guide to replacement at

http://www.ipaqrepair.co.uk/guides/Compaq%20iPAQ%20Batt...

hope that helps?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
November 16, 2004 11:51:59 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:13:53 -0600, itsme <> wrote:
>I have bought two batteries for an iPAQ 3670. On both, the circuit
>board extends below the connector and make it almost impossible to
>snap into the ipaq. Are there any modifications that can be done to
>make it fit better?

Hi. I had the same problem with two I bought on eBay for my 3150.
The vendor swore I was the only person who had a problem, but I
communicated with his other buyers and a few others did, too. But not
all.

On some iPAQS, there is a component on the PCB that interferes with
the tab on which the aftermarket (Chinese) battery connector is
situated. On others, it is either not present or lower.

To get the tab to clear the component you need to cut away part of the
tab. Unfortunately, you also cut away a key trace. You need to
replace the trace with a jumper wire that you solder to two conductors
on the battery. For an experienced electronics tech it is ten minutes
of easy and obvious work. For the average consumer, it is the moon
shot.

Once that is done, the batteries perform like champs.

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)
!