user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Don't bet on SP2 being he problem, haven't been able to
access the net with IE for months, long before SP2
installed. Keeps linking to my C drive and cant find the
internet at all. Have gone to MSN or the other browser
and forgotten about IE.

Sounds like this problem is from a spyware/virus infection. have you tried
repairing ie: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378? if that
doesnt work, try to repair/reset your winsock settings:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/winsock.htm

Dan DeStefano

"873" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don't bet on SP2 being he problem, haven't been able to
> access the net with IE for months, long before SP2
> installed. Keeps linking to my C drive and cant find the
> internet at all. Have gone to MSN or the other browser
> and forgotten about IE.

"873" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don't bet on SP2 being he problem, haven't been able to
> access the net with IE for months, long before SP2
> installed. Keeps linking to my C drive and cant find the
> internet at all. Have gone to MSN or the other browser
> and forgotten about IE.

In addition to Dan's suggestion, download and run the following Spyware
clean-up programs; the first three are free (One may ask for a
donation--your choice.):

adaware

spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

cwshredder http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

spyware blaster http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=105693

hijackthis
http://computercops.biz/article-5199-nested-0-0.html

For some other useful removal tools

Also do a full virus scan.

What one doesn't get, the others should.

Malv

sounds like you messed up the settings, never heard of a spyware problem that
caused it to link to a drive. Could be a trojan. But just try and repair IE
like that guy said before me