Epson R300 - Mono printing has red tinge

When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
(pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?

My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.

Martin
4 answers Last reply
More about epson r300 mono printing tinge

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:16:24 -0000, in comp.periphs.printers "Martin"
    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
    >(pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
    >options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
    >printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
    >
    >My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.

    What paper and are you using it's specific icm profile with color
    management? Also in using ICM be sure to only invoke it's use in EITHER the
    driver or printing app, NOT both. This can lead to a reddish output.
    ----------
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    "Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
    > (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
    > options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is
    > this
    > printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
    >
    > My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
    >
    > Martin

    Downloading the latest drivers from Epson will give you a black ink only
    option. Choosing greyscale still uses the colour carts.

    Choosing black ink only does produce a grainyt result mind.

    Si.

    "Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
    > (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
    > options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
    > printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
    >
    > My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
    >
    > Martin

    My recently purchased R200 tends toward pink mid-tones using Epson's supplied
    icc files. I suspect this is an attempt to prevent a greenish cast when viewed
    under fluorescent lighting. Using something like colorvision's profilerplus
    [included in spyder2-plus] you can easily tweak it as you like it -- though I
    suspect you will still have a hard time making dye prints that will look equally
    neutral under both incandescent and fluorescent lights....

    "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > "Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a
    >> reddish
    >> (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
    >> options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is
    >> this
    >> printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
    >>
    >> My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
    >>
    >> Martin
    >>

    > My recently purchased R200 tends toward pink mid-tones using Epson's
    > supplied
    > icc files. I suspect this is an attempt to prevent a greenish cast when
    > viewed
    > under fluorescent lighting. Using something like colorvision's
    > profilerplus
    > [included in spyder2-plus] you can easily tweak it as you like it --
    > though I
    > suspect you will still have a hard time making dye prints that will look
    > equally
    > neutral under both incandescent and fluorescent lights....

    I've tried over and over again to obtain perfectly matched prints with my
    R200 - I think it's damn near impossible.

    Si.

Printers Epson Software Peripherals