Epson R300 - Mono printing has red tinge

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 20, 2005 6:16:24 PM

When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
(pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?

My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.

Martin
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:16:25 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:16:24 -0000, in comp.periphs.printers "Martin"
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
>(pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
>options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
>printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
>
>My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.

What paper and are you using it's specific icm profile with color
management? Also in using ICM be sure to only invoke it's use in EITHER the
driver or printing app, NOT both. This can lead to a reddish output.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com
March 20, 2005 7:50:09 PM

"Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
> (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
> options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is
> this
> printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
>
> My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
>
> Martin

Downloading the latest drivers from Epson will give you a black ink only
option. Choosing greyscale still uses the colour carts.

Choosing black ink only does produce a grainyt result mind.

Si.
March 20, 2005 8:01:16 PM

"Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a reddish
> (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
> options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is this
> printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
>
> My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
>
> Martin

My recently purchased R200 tends toward pink mid-tones using Epson's supplied
icc files. I suspect this is an attempt to prevent a greenish cast when viewed
under fluorescent lighting. Using something like colorvision's profilerplus
[included in spyder2-plus] you can easily tweak it as you like it -- though I
suspect you will still have a hard time making dye prints that will look equally
neutral under both incandescent and fluorescent lights....
March 20, 2005 8:35:36 PM

"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> When printing in black/white only my Epson R300 seems to produce a
>> reddish
>> (pink) tinge to all prints. I've got greyscale selected in the printer
>> options and in the software application but every print is the same. Is
>> this
>> printer just incapable of printing using the black cartridge only?
>>
>> My older Epson 915 produces black/white images no problems at all.
>>
>> Martin
>>

> My recently purchased R200 tends toward pink mid-tones using Epson's
> supplied
> icc files. I suspect this is an attempt to prevent a greenish cast when
> viewed
> under fluorescent lighting. Using something like colorvision's
> profilerplus
> [included in spyder2-plus] you can easily tweak it as you like it --
> though I
> suspect you will still have a hard time making dye prints that will look
> equally
> neutral under both incandescent and fluorescent lights....

I've tried over and over again to obtain perfectly matched prints with my
R200 - I think it's damn near impossible.

Si.
!