ICeQ3 vs Zlaman Vf-900

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
which cooler is better the HIS tech IceQ 3 or zalman, i thought the zalman was so i get the cheapest X1900XT and got a VF-900 with it.

cctdirect

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
which cooler is better the HIS tech IceQ 3 or zalman, i thought the zalman was so i get the cheapest X1900XT and got a VF-900 with it.

:twisted: zalman :lol: this is what i have on my X800 keep cool , in game play.... i did not get the fan some times i think i should of , the room where my system faces the west and it get vary hot in here.

set my system alarm off 3 time this week all ready..... its set at 56C or 133 'F this is case temp :roll:
i do have a fan that i need to replace.

From all the reviews I've seen the concensus is that the IceQ3 is the way to go, especially since it expells all of the considerable heat out of the rig instead of swirling it aroung and stewing in it's own juices.

Also the IceQ3 cools better by a few degrees from what I've seen in the reviews.

The Zalman is better IMO for a quiet GF7600 or X1600 in an HTPC, not for the big boyz and gaming, but to each their own.