Overclocking newbie, need help!!!

shahin156

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Hi,

I have an Abit SG-72 motherboard Socket 478 With P4 3Ghz

I need help as to how to overclock my system. I tried to use ClockGen, but don't understand it.

Please help!!!

shahin156

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
can you tell me how to overclock on my motherboard and cpu please?

It is an old mobo, please help i don't know how to do it!

please please please reply ASAP, thanks.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Please educate yourself about how to overclock, there are numerous articles and guides that will get you started. Once you run into trouble then the ppl here can give you a hand but READ and don't be LAZY!!!

Read the "how to" below then try some of it out, if you run into specific problems then come back and ask a specific question...

Don't expect the ppl here to write up an entire lesson for you when all you had to do was google "overclock computer"

http://www.overclockersclub.com/overclockingfaq.php

shahin156

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Please educate yourself about how to overclock, there are numerous articles and guides that will get you started. Once you run into trouble then the ppl here can give you a hand but READ and don't be LAZY!!!

Read the "how to" below then try some of it out, if you run into specific problems then come back and ask a specific question...

Don't expect the ppl here to write up an entire lesson for you when all you had to do was google "overclock computer"

http://www.overclockersclub.com/overclockingfaq.php

It's not that. I am not being lazy!!!

I first didn't know that my mobo could be overclocked and then thought that it might be different for my motherboard because it is almost 4 - 5 years old.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Quite frankly most of the ppl here have learned by either reading or trying. You can follow the steps and see how far you get, ANY motherboard should allow you to overclock at least a little bit, just a matter of how far you can do it.

I understand the need for ppl to ask for advise but in most cases it's probably better to learn for yourself.

I don't suppose it ever occured to you to google "abit sg-72 overclock", you should find an article where a guy overclocked his cpu from 2.8 to 3.2 with that board so yes you can OC it.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
yep its a trial and error thing its just a process of tweeking.....

you should read about it there is a fourm with a sticky on how to oc P4s.