Eaglesoft Releases Cirrus SR20G2

Eaglesoft Development Group has announced that their Cirrus SR20 G2 is now
available for download here. The product includes a Gmax full featured
model including clickable Virtual Cockpit with 3 model versions so a
variety of computer system users will benefit

All three models described below are included in one package and are
selectable from your aircraft menu.
Light 2D Panel Only Model: No Virtual Cockpit or Cabin.
Light VC Panel Only Model: Virtual Cockpit and Cabin and no 2D Panel or
Cockpit. Standard Full 2D and VC Model: Full featured model including
Virtual Cockpit, Virtual Cabin.

The models all feature reflective textures and dynamic shine, multiple
animated surfaces. Other features include: tinted windows, landing lights,
pre-flight Utility and three factory liveries.

http://eaglesoftdg.com

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:03:57 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Bill Leaming"
>> http://eaglesoftdg.com
>
> Uh.. no info on the Cirrus here. Am I missing something?

<sigh> As with another recent release (PMDG), demand has far exceeded
expectations and has managed to bring the server to its knees.

Hopefully, it will be back up soon! ;)

Bill

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:22:25 GMT, Dallas wrote:
> Very nice... very..
>
> Question, are the dual 430s based on the default GPS?
>
> I assume you can call up different pages on each unit?

They are indeed based on the FS9 database, although quite a bit of new
functionality has been added. They remain, as do all our projects, very
much a "work in progress," meaning of course that as improments or new
features are added, customers will receive the updates free. ;)

Because FS9 only supports ONE GPS, you cannot fully emulate the real,
independent flight plan pages. However, you can set up (but not activate)
alternative Arrivals, for example.

Over time, I will be "translating" these units from XML to C++/GDI+ gauges.

Bill

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:56:07 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:

> <sigh> As with another recent release (PMDG), demand has far exceeded
> expectations and has managed to bring the server to its knees.

Its developers could see that as good news, Bill.
And Eaglesoft will no doubt sell a large number of SR20G2s.

BTW....welcome back, stranger!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:53:47 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:56:07 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:
>
>> <sigh> As with another recent release (PMDG), demand has far exceeded
>> expectations and has managed to bring the server to its knees.
>
> Its developers could see that as good news, Bill.
> And Eaglesoft will no doubt sell a large number of SR20G2s.
>
> BTW....welcome back, stranger!

300 GB bandwidth exceeded in 35 hours for a 35 MB download. Do the math...
;)

Thanks, Stud Muffin!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome back, mate.

We missed you, but not by much! :)

The Cirrus looked fantastic in the recent promotional video.

Was I seeing things, or does the pilot's head move around, etc?

Regards,
John ward
"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Eaglesoft Development Group has announced that their Cirrus SR20 G2 is now
> available for download here. The product includes a Gmax full featured
> model including clickable Virtual Cockpit with 3 model versions so a
> variety of computer system users will benefit
>
> All three models described below are included in one package and are
> selectable from your aircraft menu.
> Light 2D Panel Only Model: No Virtual Cockpit or Cabin.
> Light VC Panel Only Model: Virtual Cockpit and Cabin and no 2D Panel or
> Cockpit. Standard Full 2D and VC Model: Full featured model including
> Virtual Cockpit, Virtual Cabin.
>
> The models all feature reflective textures and dynamic shine, multiple
> animated surfaces. Other features include: tinted windows, landing lights,
> pre-flight Utility and three factory liveries.
>
> http://eaglesoftdg.com

dallas

"John Ward"
> The Cirrus looked fantastic in the recent promotional video.
> Was I seeing things, or does the pilot's head move around, etc?

Why don't you buy the damn thing and tell us if it's any good. :)

Better hurry, my downloader is 81% finished getting it now. Purchase
decision will be later today...

BTW Bill, marketing feedback... I don't need another high performance GA...
but the avionics look hard to resist.

Dallas

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:14:01 +1000, John Ward wrote:
> We missed you, but not by much! :)

So that's what I felt wizzing by my left ear!

> The Cirrus looked fantastic in the recent promotional video.
>
> Was I seeing things, or does the pilot's head move around, etc?

Oh yes, the head has quite a long animation sequence: scan the instruments,
scan the skies, repeat...

Bill

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:24:56 GMT, Dallas wrote:
> BTW Bill, marketing feedback... I don't need another high performance GA...
> but the avionics look hard to resist.

Well, that IS what sets the Cirrus a/c apart from the "rest" of 'em.

Bill

I'm planning to today - I've had to wait for the business week to start...

JW
> "John Ward"
>> The Cirrus looked fantastic in the recent promotional video.
>> Was I seeing things, or does the pilot's head move around, etc?
>
> Why don't you buy the damn thing and tell us if it's any good. :)
>
> Better hurry, my downloader is 81% finished getting it now. Purchase
> decision will be later today...
>
> BTW Bill, marketing feedback... I don't need another high performance
> GA...
> but the avionics look hard to resist.
>
> Dallas

dallas

"John Ward"
> I'm planning to today - I've had to wait for the business week to start...

Ok.. I'll go first. I don't usually go first, but I'm bored today and need
a new toy.

Bill, you just made $.25.

<g>

Dallas

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:05:31 GMT, Dallas wrote:
> Ok.. I'll go first. I don't usually go first, but I'm bored today and need
> a new toy.
>
> Bill, you just made $.25.

My bank thanks you, as does NIPSCO (electric company), US Cellular, the
local water company, and the mortgage company...

Oh yeah, I thank you also!

Bill (wanders off stage left, adding up all his quarters...)

(Note: thankfully it's a few bits more than a quarter, actually!) :)

Dang it!!!! I just happened to have a few hours free time and thought
I'd pop in and see what's going on in the ng and what better possible
news to brighten my day after over 9 hours of exhausting flight time
(not to mention the ground time). Of course what I am so upset about
is the fact that I still have just over a month before I get to go home
to my wife and daughter (and my other baby - my flight sim computer)
and of course purchase this awesome Gmax wonder as a birthday present
to myself (I'm turning the big 3-oh on the 31st) As if time wasn't
passing fast enough, now I have yet another reason I can't wait to get
home! - hopefully the site will be up by then :) I know someone who
has a SR22 (among his other planes) and I'm hoping to one day resume
private pilot lessons and maybe even get a ride in the real deal, but
until then, at least I can fly and learn on this virtual dream. I saw
the screenshots posted by Dallas and I am so looking forward to adding
this plane to my collection. Oh to hell with my collection! Who needs
other planes when you've got something like this! Looks like it is
worth every penny and I can't wait to read some good reviews.
Cheers from southwest asia,
Roy
dakota650r@gmail.com

Hi Varmit,

Well, you could also try the SkyUnlimited Mustang Fighters of WWII
recent release.

The guages for those P-51Bs were done by Bill.

Regards,
John Ward

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:35:09 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Well, you could also try the SkyUnlimited Mustang Fighters of WWII
> recent release.
>
> The guages for those P-51Bs were done by Bill.

Ha! I was wondering if you'd notice that... ;)

Bill

On 29 Aug 2005 06:51:26 -0700, Dakota650r@gmail.com wrote:

> Oh to hell with my collection! Who needs
> other planes when you've got something like this! Looks like it is
> worth every penny and I can't wait to read some good reviews.
> Cheers from southwest asia,

Roy, when you finish your deployment and return home, write to me at
n4gix@comcast.net and I'll see to it that you get a nice b-day present from
Eaglesoft DG.

Bill

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:54:27 -0400, Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> Bill, any insight as to why the team chose the SR20 G2 as their Cirrus
> aircraft choice rather than the faster and much more expensive SR22 G2,
> which, according to Cirrus, is their most popular model?

Because Cirrus asked us to. The SR22G2/GTS + Centennial Edition, and the
SRV are also under development. The SR22 will be next in line for release,
since it is built on the same fundamental airframe with longer wings, and
the avionics package has more features included as "standard."

The SR22GTS model is completed and ready for the paintshop. All that's
lacking now are the updated Avidynes with the added features.

Bill

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:00:50 -0400, Bill Leaming wrote:

> 300 GB bandwidth exceeded in 35 hours for a 35 MB download. Do the math...
> ;)

One word: WOW!

The sim community must really be aching for new toys, cluttering up entire
websites like that!
But congrats to you and the team. That's a pretty looking bird.
Did you have fun testflying it? You did, didn't you? Come one now....

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's a NIGHTMAAAARE!!! - C3PO)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:52:26 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> One word: WOW!
>
> The sim community must really be aching for new toys, cluttering up entire
> websites like that!
> But congrats to you and the team. That's a pretty looking bird.
> Did you have fun testflying it? You did, didn't you? Come one now....

Yes, I did (as did all the team members and beta testers), but quite
honestly after working on this for just over a full YEAR, I'm rather tired
of it and ready for a change... ;)

Our team visit to Oshkosh has paid us back many times over, since we were
able establish some excellent new contacts in the GA business, as well as
introduce our product line to a large group of folks who don't normally
hang around flightsim forums and ng's... :)

Bill

Hi Bill,

Why not take a well-deserved break then, and go fly something relaxing
and enjoyable up among the Cumulus, Nimbus, and Cirrus - oops, sorry about
that, mate! :)

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:52:26 +0200, Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
>> One word: WOW!
>>
>> The sim community must really be aching for new toys, cluttering up
>> entire
>> websites like that!
>> But congrats to you and the team. That's a pretty looking bird.
>> Did you have fun testflying it? You did, didn't you? Come one now....
>
> Yes, I did (as did all the team members and beta testers), but quite
> honestly after working on this for just over a full YEAR, I'm rather tired
> of it and ready for a change... ;)
>
> Our team visit to Oshkosh has paid us back many times over, since we were
> able establish some excellent new contacts in the GA business, as well as
> introduce our product line to a large group of folks who don't normally
> hang around flightsim forums and ng's... :)
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Notice that?

Strewth, that's the reason I bought them.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:20:51 -0400, Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> Interesting. Since Cirrus seems to have redefined aircraft marketing, I
> would have expected them to request their flagship aircraft (the SR22 GTS)
> as the first released.

In reality, the folks at Cirrus want "new pilot customers" to begin with
the SRV or SR20 models, then "trade up" after their skills have improved
and they desire a faster, more feature-rich aircraft.

Aside from that, from a development and marketing aspect, it's more
efficient to build the basic model, then add what's needed to "upgrade"
than it is to "dumb down" an advanced model.

Bill