SP2 temporary files

Paul

Splendid

I just updated to SP2 and realized that the update left
an abundance of files $NtUninstall......

Can I safely remove these files now that the update has
been accomplished and if so, how?

Remove Hotfix Backup files and the Add/Remove Programs Registry entries
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> Remove Hotfix Backup files and the Add/Remove Programs Registry entries
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm

Carey, there is a note on Doug's site to say that this utility does not work
correctly with SP2.

Regards
Joe Steele

Paul

Splendid

Thank you for your response. I went to the site you
suggested, but it says the software will only only work
if SP2 has not been installed as Joe told you in a
subsequent email. Any other ideas?

aspx

----------------

>"Paul" wrote:
>
>| I just updated to SP2 and realized that the update
left
>| an abundance of files $NtUninstall......
>|
>| Can I safely remove these files now that the update
has
>| been accomplished and if so, how?
>.

Tidying up after installing SP2
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7265

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I just updated to SP2 and realized that the update left
an abundance of files $NtUninstall......

Can I safely remove these files now that the update has
been accomplished and if so, how?

Paul

Splendid

Thank you for your help.