Sign in with
Your question

Picture too small for monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2006 10:09:53 AM

This is a problem which only happens with Far Cry.

The picture on the monitor has gone weird in that a black border of about 5 centimetres has appeared on the left and a blue haze is on the border of the picture.
This is very difficult to explain but the monitor screen appears to be too big for game,the picture does not fill the whole of the screen and it looks as if I should be playing on a smaller monitor so the picture can fit comfortably on it. I can't get the picture to fill the whole of the monitor screen: it seems too small for the monitor

I don't understand what has caused this as the game was working fine until recently. I've tried all sorts of different resolution and mhz but nothing's changed.

Specs
Asus 1900xtx graphics card
A8r32-mvp deluxe motherbouard
Viewsonic 21" monitor
2GB memory

Thanks for your help in advance.

More about : picture small monitor

June 6, 2006 12:29:24 PM

I've had this happen to me when I was using a CRT...it was the result of the monitor resolution/settings set differently from the game resolution/settings...my monitor was set at 1027x768 and I was trying to play the game at 1280x1024 and the game screen came out smaller and did not fill the whole screen...check the game and monitor settings, also the vga/dvi connections...if not that, then perhaps the monitor is on the fritz...

Good luck!
June 6, 2006 11:43:53 PM

Quote:
I've had this happen to me when I was using a CRT...it was the result of the monitor resolution/settings set differently from the game resolution/settings...my monitor was set at 1027x768 and I was trying to play the game at 1280x1024 and the game screen came out smaller and did not fill the whole screen...check the game and monitor settings, also the vga/dvi connections...if not that, then perhaps the monitor is on the fritz...

Good luck!

Nice idea-got me excited but did not work.

No disrespect meant, but I could not see the thing with the female Baron Ashura. I got the impression she might have been a bit hairy. But wtf do I know. I don't get out much.
Related resources
June 6, 2006 11:47:41 PM

Quote:
what settings have you got concerning aspect ratio. do you have it set to fill the screen, maintain aspect ratio or 1:1 pixels.

if it is a CRT it could be on it's way out. make sure you have only the modes our monitor can support selected in your settings. then make sure farcry is set to the maximum resolution.

of course you could also try a system restore to see if that clears it or do a reinstall of farcry.

I'll check out aspect ratio in the morning. Nice idea.

The monitor's new. I don't have this problem with other games which are, unsuprisingly, maxed out.
June 7, 2006 9:45:30 AM

Apologies-I didn't say I had a crt.

I learned a lot about aspect ratios here:

http://www.hitmill.com/html/screen.html

But I've tried every possible resolution combination. It can't be the graphics card ( famous last words) or anything to do with any other devices because other games are fine.

The problelm must be caused by Far Cry.
June 7, 2006 2:56:52 PM

I have and I am fully patched.

Very strange behaviour. It's probably something staring me in the face. It has to be something to do with the resolutions I've set . I've even tried changing the monitor's refresh rate.
June 7, 2006 3:15:22 PM

Is their a auto-adjust feature in your monitor?
I had that problem with Halopc and it fixed it. So push the auto-adjust button.
June 11, 2006 4:53:53 PM

Quote:
Is their a auto-adjust feature in your monitor?
I had that problem with Halopc and it fixed it. So push the auto-adjust button.

Thganks.

I tried that but didn't work.
!