High end AM2 CPU's a paperlaunch?

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Was just looking around pricewatch to see what retail pricing was running on the higher end AM2 CPU's. Monarch computer was the only firm even advertising them on pricewatch. Monarch is currently out of stock on the top models (I only checked the FX-62 and X2 5000) and they were showing an ETA of June 30.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Was just looking around pricewatch to see what retail pricing was running on the higher end AM2 CPU's. Monarch computer was the only firm even advertising them on pricewatch. Monarch is currently out of stock on the top models (I only checked the FX-62 and X2 5000) and they were showing an ETA of June 30.

Newegg has the low end models, and it's not surprising that the FX will take awhile it always does. I guess they shouldn't have pushe d up the launch

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Monarch is not out of stock, the cpu's dont launch until June 30th. However they are taking pre-orders on a first pay first ship basis.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
I'm sorry. I never saw anything about a June 30 release. As far as I was aware, I thought they would be coming out on May 23. If AMD has these CPU's in quantity, I would think they would be in a hurry to get them to distributors before conroe shows up and they have to cut prices. Sounds to me like they still don't have them in quantity.

Is there a reason why you want to buy an FX CPU?

Conroe is faster and will be cheaper.. all you need to do is wait a month.

How are Conroe stocks doing? Oh ya, they're not even out yet.

Elmo, how about you stay on topic!

I agree with Mikey, the high end AM2 models appear to be a paper-launch at this moment.

The FX-62 is out, but only for system builders. Alienware offers it as an option for thier PCs. Since the FX is a premium product, it's reasonable to assume that there is a limited quantity that AMD must sell to OEMs to fulfill thier contracts. Any left over will be earmarked for sale to the general public, but they need to have a sufficient inventory to supply them to the likes of Newegg and ZipZoomFly.

The same will be true with Conroe.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
So we have enthusiast parts that aren't available directly to the enthusiast market. How very ironic.

And yes, I don't think it will be much different with the Conroe EE.

TRENDING THREADS