Remembering Passwords - Problem

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Hello all! I'm having a real problem with my ie browser and my outlook express mail program. No matter what I do, I can not get either of these programs to save my passwords. I even get the little window coming up to ask me if I want to save the password, I answer yes... but when I return to the same page, the password has to be re-entered.

Please help me if you can (sounds like a beatles song!) I'm feelin' down. I'm going to tear out my hair and toss my computer out the window in a minute.

Thanking you in advance for any help.

PS. I think this must be something simple, but I just can't figure it out.

<font color=blue>You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind.</font color=blue>

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
I don't get a popup with Outlook Express. All I can suggest is that you check the Tools/Accounts/Properties/Servers screen, and make sure you have entered a password and checked the remember box. The log on using select password authentication should not have a check.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Speedy, ya, I tried that. When I enter the password and then check the "remember" box everything seems OK. But when I come back later the password is not there. Very strange.

THanks for the thought.

Later

<font color=blue>You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind.</font color=blue>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
OK, a workaround - not ideal but DOES work, is to go to control panel and create a USER, reboot and logon as this user, you should then find the passwords are once again saved, only snag is, you may get the dum windows logon box every boot.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers